close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Not going to buy a gun on Jan 19th!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Ruggles, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    I know it's "Gun Appreciation Day" on Jan 19th and I had ever intention of buying a gun in support on Friday. But not now.............

Cause I got it today instead :supergrin: I had it a layaway with the intention get it out of layaway Friday but decided I did not want to put up with any "Chick Fil A" type crazy crowds.

Beretta 96 Vertec in stainless. Being a Vertec it has a grip profile very 1911 like for a DA semi auto. Being a big fan of 1911s this was a selling point. Not intending to buy anything but using a lunch hour to stop by a gun store can really lead to things like this. It's used but in great shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only came with one mag, and being a "high capacity" evil handgun I thought getting more would be a expensive pain. Buy being how the factory mags only hold 11 rds and not carrying about a singe round difference I was able to fine these 4 mags for $90 shipped on GunBroker.

[​IMG]

10 rds mags but not bad for the price.

Also ammo being crazy hard to find I got lucky and picked up this ammo at Wal-Mart today, $19.99 each.

[​IMG]

Being in stainless it will become my car gun replacing the non stainless gun I use now.

Who has a gun like this, any input?

2. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I believe your Vertec is also hammer drop only, no safety right?

I like that......:supergrin:

ooc

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    I wish it was honestly but no it is a safety/decocker model.

Plenty of Black Rifles at the stores today, all overpriced but the wall was full. Have not seen it full for week. AKs, ARs and AR10s even an AUG which was a surprise to see.

4. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
  5. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas

Love your TR quote BTW :wavey:

6. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    Would love to have one of those with a smooth DAO trigger maybe around 6-7lbs. I loved the feel of them but hated the awful DA stroke on the first pull it was horrible.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    I already bought five and January is not even half way through yet. I think that I can forego the purchasing of another gun on 19th January.

8. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Your right DA is not great but SA is pretty nice. Not 1911 nice but nice none the less.

9. i dont need any either i have bought 2 this year...but im thinking i may go and buy a cheap mosin just so there is one more background check the "man" has to process