Not a Kalashnikov but a Simonov

Discussion in 'SKS Carbiners' started by GLOCKgeo, Jul 8, 2012.

1. I know, I know it's not an AK but it's still from Mother Russia. :whistling: Here is my 54' Izzy SKS. Are there any SKS collectors here. If there is no room for SKS on this AK forum please delete.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    First Video Firing a Kalashnikov USA Rifle The Kalashnikov Klub Oct 6, 2015
    Kalashnikov unveiling modernized AK-47 The Kalashnikov Klub May 12, 2015
    Comrade Kalashnikov Smartphone Wallpaper The Kalashnikov Klub Jan 27, 2015
    Kalashnikov USA The Kalashnikov Klub Jan 20, 2015
    Russian Izhmash Saiga AK-47 from Concern Kalashnikov Firearms Listings Oct 18, 2014

3. Oh if I only had more money to spend on rifles! I've had the opportunity to buy a Norinco and a Russian SKS within the last couple months, and couldn't do it.

I like my AK, but I love my Yugo SKS. It's big and beefy, like me!

4. I like that stock.
  5. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

#4 ReyFufuRulesAll, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  6. I have a Yugo and Chyneeee . I love them both the chinese is scoped and has killed deer. The yugo is g.i. and has shot alot of paper and tannerite. :cool: I like them both equally. But I plan to buy grandpas Russian soon.
  7. mcknife

Millennium Member

I had eleven SKSs at one time, Am down to several Russians and a Yugo. Two of the Russians are the hard to find Izzys and three Tulas have laminated stocks and one a custom Fajen. Love to shoot them although the unissued are safe queens.
    Yes that is a pretty stock and I have bought guns just because of the wood.
  8. That's quite a fine rusky. That stock is gorgeous, I wouldn't change a thing on it. I bought mine as a franken-gun, peiced together by... someone. I'm assuming it was all norinco, all the parts looked chinease. I've done quite a bit to my SKS, trigger work, stock, sights, etc. It's a fantastic rifle, and I use it for 3-gun.

#7 Veedubklown, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  9. Thanks guys. I plan on keeping her the way she is. Here is another picture of me shooting it.
  10. Beautiful, as it should be. They balance really well with the wood stocks and bayonet, the tapco stocks are very forward heavy. I've seen guys use those for 3 gun with stripper clips like a champ. You can get good with them, and recharge 10 rounds faster than alot of guys can do a mag change on an AR, for $5/20 rounds, vs AR ammo prices.