close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement Drops Kimber

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by polizei1, Feb 6, 2011.

1. cdunn

cdunn

Mar 5, 2008
    falls church,va
    if they would have asked me it would have saved them some time.they could have went straight to something good.it makes me laugh.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

2. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    Well that sucks for Kimber. I wonder if they were using Kimber magazines? I wonder if they tried some good magazines? Possibly could have saved them from having to replace these guns.

3. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    QFT. Add the FPS that has been known to fail, I'm surprised these go into harms way on a regular basis.

4. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    How would using Kimber mags keep the safety and sights from falling off? :supergrin:

5. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Mine doesn't even have a "safety button", it must've already fallen off.

6. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

What a joke. :upeyes:

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Well personally I don't believe a word of it. If the safties were falling off, then those were Taurus PT1911's and the reporter just didn't do a very good job of getting his facts straight. :rofl:

8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Agreed, how the hell did the safety fall out on that many guns, did they dismantle for cleaning and not put it back right. I have heard issues with Kimbers but never a safety failing out. There is more here and the reporter probably doesn't know much about guns :dunno:

"Ledford said, his agents documented 289 malfunctions with the pistols during training exercises."

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    So Kimber bad = Sig good in handguns

and Sig bad = Bushmaster good in rifles.

Seems to be a odd circle :)

Now how the heck do I get that $1 for a handgun deal ?

10. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma

You should go to work for that Dept. You can buy their 2 yr old worn out guns and get your duty gun for a buck when you retire. :supergrin:

11. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I'd gladly take one of those "worn out" $326 Sigs. :whistling:

12. kimberguy

kimberguy

Dec 25, 2010
    New Baltimore, Mi
    I second that!

13. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

Jan 2, 2006
    Planet Earth
    At one time Kimber made a EXCELLENT weapon. They established their name, and started cutting corners.:dunno:

14. cdunn

cdunn

Mar 5, 2008
    falls church,va
    reminds me of some restaurants I use to go to.:supergrin:

15. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Unverified!

16. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    This Kimber thread is officially a Kimber thread.:rofl:

17. ericridebike

ericridebike

Dec 18, 2010
    AZ
    Yeah, sounds like they have a pretty sweet gig going, upgrading every couple of years and allowing their agents to buy the "old" guns at deeply discounted rates. Upgrading also from trading Sig assault rifles to Bushmaster M4's with EoTech's in Class 3 configuration. I bet the traded Sig rifles had some sort of EoTech/Aimpoint on it that didn't get traded with it & ended up at home with some agents. Sucks to know this agency that is in my state is "needing" to upgrade so often. I know they claim the funds were from confiscated money, but I'm sure that money could have gone to something more worthwhile that my taxes are currently paying for. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of law enforcement being equipped with quality, reliable weapons, but their practice seems a bit suspect. From what the article said, they were exempt from having to go through bidding processes for new weapons, because they were just trading guns. Hopefully this article will shed some light on their practices and ensure they don't abuse the process. I think the NC ALE is getting as much if not more bad press than Kimber over this, at least here locally. I frankly wonder if the whole issue with Kimber being unreliable is completely accurate or just another excuse to get new guns.