close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Normal?

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by N/Apower, Jan 21, 2010.

1. N/Apower

N/Apower

Jan 17, 2010
    Is this normal wear on a SIG? (P226 ST 9mm, about 1200 rounds). I noted that it seems to have worn the left-side more than the right, peening it ever so-slightly. I have been told it is just wearing in tolerances that are .001" or so off or something, normal variance.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this on their sigs and if it stabalizes after a few hundred rounds or so?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

I have 20,000 rounds through my P226ST 9mm and do not have any peening issues. You may want to contact Exeter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. N/Apower

N/Apower

Jan 17, 2010
    Any way you can take a pic of your barrel-hood from the same angle as mine?

4. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Those were stock shots that I use for training, but I'll take a few custom shots for you this evening.

5. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Here ya go...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. N/Apower

N/Apower

Jan 17, 2010
    Looks very similar to mine with regards to wear-bias on the left-side of the hood and slight peening, although the lighting in my pix is a bit harsher than yours, I can still see where the displaced metal on yours picks up and reflects light and the edge is more "rounded" on the left side. Verdict: normal.

THANKYOU!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010