Non-SBR Glock 21 FAB Defense Carbine Concept

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Boba Debt, Sep 1, 2013.

1. I would like to make a Glock 21 Carbine in a way that does not require and SBR stamp.

I would use the Gen 2 FAB Defense frame but to make it non-sbr legal I would have to have a 16” barrel.

My idea is to use a LWD 6.5” treaded barrel and then have a light weight custom shroud/extension to extend the barrel the 16” minimum requirement. It would be pinned and welded

I think a shroud is the way to go so that you do not have to use custom ammo since still dealing with a pistol length barrel and I doubt anyone will make a 16” solid barrel

I know some of you think this is a stupid idea but I have built stupider guns :)

I just need some input on the operation of the gun.

Does anyone know if the shroud will interfere with the operation of the gun?

Does anyone actually make a 16" barrel?

All constructive comments are welcome

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

3. How does that work???

I mean as the slide goes back, the barrel unlocks. Doesn't the additional length cause issues?

What about the rounds themselves. Wouldn't the powder burn too fast for that length of a barrel?

4. I also just read that it is not recommended for the FAB KPOS.

I'm going to call them tomorrow to find out why.

5. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I might be off but did not TC have some type of problem with a similar concept in that with the ATF???

Something about turning a pistol into a rifle was ok, but when you went then pulled the frame and reinstalled the pistol bbl you had turned a rifle into pistol which is no-no by some legalese convoluted logic?

Too long ago to recall details, but wondering if this might create same situation.

6. Your close.

If you ever turn a pistol into a rifle you can not revert it back to a pistol, which I have no intention of doing. This would be a dedicated gun

However, for some reason TCs are treated differently by the ATF

7. Not attempting to hijack your thread, just a thought. No need to reinvent the wheel. I run a KRISS Vector Carbine that uses Glock 21 mags and of course you can add the 10 round extension to that. Flawless performance to date with a 4 K round count.

8. ...and it's "only" $2000! :supergrin:

9. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Good luck with your project. I'd like to see chronograph results for a 16-inch Glock .40 S&W.

10. Hell, I'd like to have one of these whether it worked or not.

AK

11. The welding part would be better off done as silver solder,IIRC that is the way to add a extension,pinning wouldn't hurt either. SJ 40

12. Is that a RONI....???
    Whts the diff between Gen 1 and 2??

13. TOO EXPENSIVE, a bit complicated and kind of heavy

Welding is less invasive then soldering.

No, it's a FAB KPOS which is made in Israel. From what I have seen the Gen 1 has a side charging handle and the Gen 2 has an AR style charging handle

14. Due to the cost of the 16" barrel I may just get a tax stamp for this.

So is this and SBR or an AOW?

#14 Boba Debt, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  15. SBR.....although the idea of $5 as opposed to $200 sounds great, this is wishful thinking.

16. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

AOW allows a forward grip.

SBR allows stock and if wanted a forward grip.

17. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

Not true.

As long as it starts (registered) as a pistol. You can go from Pistol to rifle to pistol.

The twist is going from rifle to pistol is a problem.

18. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

IMHO,
    Have:The Impulse stock is the most solid.
    Have: FAB stick is the light weight option.

Don't really want: FAB Roni may be useful, but not if you want to add a suppressor.

Want and can not find: SIG’s Adaptive Carbine Platform LE is the one I would like to get, but can not find for sale.

19. You can not, under any circumstance, make a rifle into a pistol. It becomes and SBR.

There is a lot of conflicting info about this process so I don't know what to believe in this case

#19 Boba Debt, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

20. What is a FAB Roni???

Do you mean a CCA Roni?