close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Non Responsive Classified

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hi-power man, Jun 16, 2012.

1. hi-power man

hi-power man Silver Member

Why do people post a classified and then never respond ?
    Ad posted 5/29, I responded 6/5 with a post and a PM also 6/5. Sent an e-mail on 6/7. No response from seller to any of the three. Today I posted offer to buy withdrawn. This fellow has a lot of items posted and multiple posts. I guess he's just too busy to be "taken care of buisness".

2. Keoking

Keoking

A lot of people post their junk on 3+ forums. He probably sold it on another forum and wrote this classified off.

3. goldenlight

goldenlight

Also, a lot of people aren't terribly bright.

He could have put the item(s) up for sale, and then left on a trip or something.

A similar thing happened to me, except that I responded the next day after the item was put up for sale.

Three weeks later the guy was E-mailing me, wanting me to buy it, but I had canceled my 'intent to buy', since he didn't respond for well over a week.

He was out of town, or at least that's what he said.

4. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

I have had the opposite problem. Have had 5 or 6 people contact me in last two days on my 30 I had up for sale. One said he wanted to buy it and others wanted to know if still available. Not one responded back to my response. I deleted the ad the heck with it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Toyman

Toyman

I think they don't post an email address, phone number, or anything like that, and don't check back on the site. They don't think for a second about how the person is going to contact them. It's called being an idiot. Ironically, it's these same people who go around thinking they are anonymous on the internet.

6. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

7. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I listed my MIL's broken down Chrysler Town & Country that needed a transmission (a used one was going to cost her $2000) on Craigslist for $800 just before going to lunch one day. When I got back from lunch I had over 20 unique phone numbers call my Google voice number (with about half of those leaving messages) and about half a dozen e-mails. Some people call 5 or 6 times. I sold the van to the first guy that called. This went on for a week or more even after I removed the listing. I stopped counting the number of phone calls I got after the first 24 hours. There were over 100 unique phone numbers...something like 400 calls all together. I am DAMN glad I didn't list my real phone number.

To answer yor question though, the guy has probably sold what you were after...long before you even tried to contact him.

Greg