Non Resident CCW

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by John_NJ, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Questions about the non resident CCW. I live in the north where you can't get a CCW and want to apply for the Florida non resident CCW.

If I move to Florida in the future is this still valid as a resident of the state or will I have to start the process all over again?

Comments appreciated.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Once you have the permit it's yours until you choose not to renew. If you want to switch from non resident to resident later that shouldn't be an issue.

3. tblant

tblant Joey Donuts

I live in NJ and have a FL ccw. It does not say "non-resident" on it. I don't think FL has a non-res permit...they simply issue permits to both residents and non-residents. So I would say you are good for 7 years regardless whether you move there or not.

4. Florida does not distinguish between resident and non-resident Concealed Carry Cards. If you move to Florida, just update your card with your new FL address. The card would remain valid. You do not have to re-apply.

5. Thanks!

6. I hear the new cards don't even have an address and you can update the address online? Is this true?

7. The new cards DO NOT have an address on the card. I don't know about the on line updating.

8. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

Both are true..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. To renew the FL CCW, requires fingerprinting from your local police. Good for 7 years.

10. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

They've must have changed that, back 2011 I renewed mine just by paying the fee, no prints were taken..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. Me, too, itsnitro. My renewal only required the sending of funds and a photograph. No fingerprints.