close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Non Glock 10mm Question

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by loneeagle, Aug 14, 2012.

1. loneeagle

loneeagle

Mar 25, 2006
    Florida
    at the LGS and saw a Kimber 10mm, I have ZERO experience with kimbers thoughts, concerns Issues with them? Looked great and felt good in my hands Very tempting to add to the Family

2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    If you like the 1911 style and the price is right the Kimber 10mm would be a good choice...I'm not a fan of the 1911 pistols, I opted for the S&W models.

3. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

Dec 26, 2008
    I own a Stainless Classic II.
    Had it for about 4 years now and it has been a pure joy to fire.
    I bought an EGW firing pin stop and a 22# recoil spring and have never had a FT anything; from light plinking rounds all the way up to FULL HOUSE (no, really... full house) handloads.

It would make a nice addition to any 10MM collection.

4. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    I've owned a Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm, a Kimber Stainless Target II 10mm and currently own a Fusion 6" longslide 10mm. I LOVE the 1911 platform for the 10mm. If they are built right and setup right, there won't be any problems.

Flat bottomed FPS, a 20-22lb recoil spring and XP mag springs and you're good to go.

Of course, I also like the Glocks, S&W, STI and Wilson's.... :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  5. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Nov 12, 2011
    Idaho
    I've had a few Kimbers. All have been flawless runners. Nothing special in the fit and finish realm, but you don't pay for the "semi-custom feel good" for it either. I have not owned one that was built in the last 5 years, so I can't comment on current QC, but I bet if you get it you will like it a lot.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I never had an issue with any of my Kimbers.

7. loneeagle

loneeagle

Mar 25, 2006
    Florida
    I will have to go fondle it some more I am going to the range with a buddy who is a 1911 NUT and going to shoot those this weekend. But waiting to here back from fusion on a longslide so thinking I may put the scratch away for the longslide. I really dig my 20L and thinking of a second one when the Slides come back in stock.

8. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/img2632x.jpg/

Here is a quick snapshot of mine the last time I shot and cleaned it.

9. dl645

dl645

Dec 22, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    I picked up a 10mm Kimber Eclipse last fall and have been very happy with it. Did go from the 18.5lb spring to a 22lb spring but that was only internal change. Added a Kimber magwell and grips and it's one of the funnest guns I've got. Love watching the expressions of people when I shoot a full power power pistol load at IDPA. Only person that gets more attention is a .44 Magnum shooter with an H110 load (sounds almost like a shotgun). 22lb spring has worked great with everything from powder puff/.40ish FBI Lite to full power (180gr @ 1300fps). About 5,000 rds through it and no problems. I use Tripp magazines all the time. Tried the Wilson Combat but had occasional feed issues so stick with the Tripps.

Here's a video of me shooting it at an IDPA match back in April and a still picture as well.

http://youtu.be/u8xH7Cl-Qus

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012