close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Non-food grade plastic bin for storing food

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by glockeglock, Apr 22, 2012.

1. bdcochran

bdcochran

Sep 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    When you can go to Lowe's, Home Depot, or the equivalent store and buy a food grade container for about $5, why would you voluntarily assume the risk of the mylar bag failing and chemicals going into the food? Why?

Moreover, no one out here (not having seen you pack your food) can give you an opinion that what you are doing is correct.:upeyes:

2. Protus

Protus

Apr 6, 2008
    if the non food grade tubs were not holding caustic material( acids, petrol etc) you are g2g. It's the same concept as non food grade buckets that we covered in your last "food " packing thread

3. I have seen many people use "non food grade" but clean and never held bad stuff buckets before. I do believe that with a mylar liner and sealed, it should be ok..

But since I can go to wallyworld and get used frosting buckets that are food grade for a buck a bucket with lid.. that's how I do it..

This was a $25 morning..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012