Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

No teeth

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by patrol21, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrol21

Jan 16, 2013
    New to the forum. Have a Glock17 which is my duty weapon. I am a full armed DOJ security officer in the lovely state of NY. All of the guys on my team are off duty LE and we all moon light working different locations/gigs. The bro's that are full LE have the ability to carry full sized magazines (high cap) because of their status. Myself, I am not so lucky. I have to follow the NYS rules which go into effect today.....last week I could carry 10 round or preabd 18 round mags. This week....7 per's not bad enough that I am limited to 7 rounds by the state but now in a critical situation I am sure the perfs will be following the 7 rule....BTW..I am from West Webster and the recent events there hit very close to home as i live within a few blocks of the area. I understand bit's a pieces of the new bill but to take the ability for me to be able to defend myself is lunacy. :steamed:
  2. raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    you have my sympathy, Illinois tried to pass a ban tha would cover 90% of the guns sold but it never went to a vote because it didn't have enough support to pass. so they tried to attach the gun bill as a rider to a nuclear safety and sex offender bill which both failed to pass

we were very close this year
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

3. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    If someone in NY isn't preparing to repeal that nonsense, as we speak, then it is deserved.
  4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Should be illegal for them to piggy back bills like they do.
  5. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Confused on the "full LE". There is no "part" LE. You're either LE our you're not. That said, my sympathy for your predicament. It's a sickening time.
  6. garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    A citizen faces the same crooks as a LEO faces. Why does the LEO need more bullets?
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  7. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Welcome to planet earth. The threat profile for a police officer and the average citizen are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
  8. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    If I was limited to 7rds I would be carrying a .357mag revolver or a 1911 in .45, I'd rather have caliber if I cant have capacity. Not to mention I would feel pretty silly carrying a 15rd mag with only 7 loaded in it. Guess I'm OCD but it would feel incomplete and drive me nuts.

There is no point in carrying a Glock in .40 or 9mm If I am restricted to carrying less than standard capacity.

Sig P220 is a another great choice and you can still find the flush fit 7rd mags for it pretty easy.

I feel for you, and I have little doubt that it was not "overlooked" when the plan was written. They had to have intended for the ban to include to LE.

I wouldn't feel under-armed at all carrying a 686+ with 7 rds of .357mag Gold Dot. Its a proven stopper in a reliable and accurate platform.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.