close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

No sound when using laptop with TV

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by kjb247, Apr 6, 2010.

1. kjb247

kjb247

Dec 25, 2006
    Florida
    Hey guys,
    This is probably a simple fix but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I used a VGA cable to plug my laptop computer to my LCD TV. The picture comes on the TV perfectly clear but there is no sound through the TV. I usually catch up on TV shows I miss on the internet. I can hear the sound coming from the laptop but not the TV.

If it matters I'm either using XP or Vista (depending on which laptop I used).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. StuntPilot

StuntPilot

Oct 22, 2006
    DFW, TX

3. FL Vet

FL Vet

Jan 8, 2010
    Lakeland, FL
    Post #2 has it good, but you can also get an audio jack that will have a male input into your headphone jack and then out to a red/white RCA cable to hook into your tv. Radio shack should have something like it.

4. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Feb 15, 2002
    CA
    If your TV has an HDMI port, maybe see if your laptop does too and use that.

5. area727

area727 G23

Oct 7, 2009

This is what I do when watching streaming Netflix on TV. I use VGA for video, and an audio cable from the headphone jack (on the computer), which splits to RCA (Red and White) for hooking to TV.

6. ARs&AKs

ARs&AKs NRA Life Member

Sep 7, 2002
    Arkansas
    HDMI cables carry both sound and video. Your laptop might have a DVI port so just get an adapter and use an HDMI cable from it to your TV.