close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No shoot this next Thursady ( Thanksgiving).

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Berretta9, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Berretta9

Berretta9

Eat you turkey and watch football. We'll start back the following Thursday. In the mean time I'll have a few hundred score sheets and 50 or so sign up sheets printed. Thanks John for the reminder.
    For the next shoot I'd like to do a shoot where we see how fast we can draw and get two shoots off, record that time and finish the string. I saw on a shooting show this week that you should be able to draw and shoot in under 2
    seconds. I wonder how many of us can do that and get a good hit. If practical shooting is supposed to be just that, practical, it would be a good thing to work on. Thoughts ??

2. 45gunner

45gunner

I have done this using a stage called the Bill Drill. Stand 7 yrds from a target and see how fast you can draw and put 6 shots in the A zone. Anything outside of the A zone does not count.

3. glockguy609

glockguy609 A self portrait

Yeah my hands are gonna be all slippery from eating some deep fried turkey, I'd probably drop my gun. Besides if all goes to plan I should be in a nice "Food Coma" by that time of the eve. Man I love turkey day!!!
    And if you see a mushroom cloud over Clarksville, don't worry, it just means everyone realy enjoyed my signature "Deviled Eggs".

4. Berretta9

Berretta9

What are you putting in those eggs that cause a post digestive mushroom cloud. I like a good deviled egg but never had one that caused that to happen.

5. Crazy4nitro

Crazy4nitro Happy Accidents

Sounds Like a Great Idea...................The Eggs..

Oh Yeah,..Shooting idea sounds good too..I'm Game for the 2 shots or 6
    If anyone wants some action,I'd be willing to shoot a revolver.

'Nitro

6. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

I'd love to join you on this coming Thursday, but have to go out of town for business.

Bill Drills sound like something that would be very good to work on. I would like to have some of our gatherings be skill building drills instead of just quick matches. Perhaps we can make the skill building a regular, at least once a month, thing. What do you guys think? Plinking is fun, but can reinforce bad habits instead of improve our shooting skills.

7. 45gunner

45gunner

I have to agree with Leigh Ann. That does not sound like much of a match.

8. Berretta9

Berretta9

Read it again John. She's saying she does like it. I think it is a good skill building drill as well. It is also a speed thing though. Either way I thing it should be at least the first string and then move on to a few steel and paper.

9. 45gunner

45gunner

I'm going to be out of town on Thursday.

Setup whatever you like.