close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Refusal DWI Checkpoints

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Random, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Why have we lost the war on firearm ownership, because we lost the war long ago on “rights”. We have LEO that seem to within two sentences change a right, as ruled by the Supreme Court, into a privilege. Once we are at that stage, it is only picking and choosing which rights they want to be privileges subject to regulation.

Maybe we should listen to them and their friend Nancy. She believes that the only firearms that we have a “right” to have are those in use at the time the Bill of Rights was written. I am not sure why we would stop there. There were no electronic sound amplification devices in the 1700s, so why should out freedom of speech not be limited by common sense restrictions to the devices in use in the 1700s? Printing, no more of the this pesky internet stuff, only printing presses in use in the 1700s. Opps. No cameras were in use so that is reasonable restrictions on our privilege of free speech.

See how stupid thisis? Yes. Stupid. We don’t restrict free speech to what was in use in the late 1700s. Since travel is a RIGHT, as ruled by the Supreme Court, wouldn’t that mean that travel by means available in modern times are covered under that right just as digital cameras are covered under the right to free speech?

But, where we have lost, is the people “protecting” us have bought into the notion we don’t have rights to travel but it is a privilege. They don’t even know the laws they spout about they blindly follow.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time. – Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception. – Sun Tzu

2. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

This!

:wavey:

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

This answer will be funny. We know they are full of it. The answer will be "you dont know because you are not a cop"

But on you other question, they think we are stupid because they have a badge.

4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Just shut up and comply. It's for your own good. The government is looking out for you. Your opinion is not important.

5. ray9898

ray9898

LOL....you are trying to merge two things into one. One more time, the right to travel and the privilege to do that on the public roadways as the driver of a vehicle are two separate things.

As explained in a US Court of Appeals ruling in Miller vs. Reed, California Dept of Motor Vehicles in 1999

Same with City of Spokane v. Port in 1986:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  6. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Just as the right to free speech and the privilege to use microphones to make a public speech are two separate things.

I am sorry that you cannot see why the right to travel is as much a right as anything else. Please tell us, when you personally come door to door to confiscate guns, that the right to bear arms is a privilege. I am 99% confident that when the orders are given to do it, you will do as you are told.

7. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Thank you...
    Who says they do not saturate areas where and at times when there is a higher probability of encountering drivers under the influence? That is one component of the DUI program.
    You earlier advocated that as an alternative to check points. Actually, another alternative is, again, saturation patrols. This time in various areas selected to yield DUI suspects. That would be another component of the DUI program.
    That is another component of the program.

At any given time and place, one or more of those components will be more effective than the other(s). Sometimes all are used, sometimes, none.
    See Above...
    Good, no need to get upset.
    Have there been many DUI arrests in your county? DO people in your county drive into neighboring wet counties to drink?
    What business are you in? Does it share any similarities with Law Enforcement?

In your business, if you were eligible for a Federal or State grant that would cover the expense of a program proven to increase performance in one aspect of your business, would you accept that grant and accept the profits from that increase in business?

8. ray9898

ray9898

Your little personal attacks that you always manage to throw into any discussion are cute, sorry you are unable to comprehend it is not black and white like you are portraying it.

9. tslex

tslex

All good. To which I'd add:

"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear." MANY GT POSTERS

10. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Oh no. The constitutions and bill of rights ARE written in black and white.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

So if I understand this correctly, departments receive federal grants that cover the man hours and so forth to run dui operations? Covers over time and whatnot?

12. ray9898

ray9898

...and you will not find "right to drive' or "right to pilot" in there.

13. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Then state publicly that if an AWB occurs that requires confiscation and/or registration, that you will not enforce said law because it is unconstitutional. You will lose your job and your pension.

If you wont participate in confiscation/registration, state so and prove me wrong.

14. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

And yet "drive and fly" are included in "travel"

rav·el
    [trav-uh l] verb, trav·eled, trav·el·ing or ( especially British ) trav·elled, trav·el·ling, noun, adjective.
    verb (used without object)
    to go from one place to another, as by car, train, plane, or ship; take a trip; journey: to travel for pleasure.
    to move or go from one place or point to another.

15. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

[ss stoog] "Either we will zee you paperz, or according to the furher, we will zee your blood. Zee, no prezzure, it iz totally up to you sir." /ss stoog

This country is will go to hell in a hand basket without the Constitution being defended.

16. Bruce M

Bruce M

If you think you have an absolute right of freedom of speech try yelling what you think in a church or from the gallery when your legislature is in session.

Or if we do not restrict the right of speech when it is electronically amplified and transmitted try dialing random numbers and start yelling at them when someone answers. Or even simply don't pay the telephone bill.

17. tslex

tslex

Each loss of a single life is an immeasurable tragedy to that family.

But the problem is that any idea expressed through this formulation – “If we can [verb] just one [noun] then [rule, requirement or restriction] will be worth it.” – is errant nonsense. Always and without exception.

It's no basis for policy.

Here's why: http://suburbansheepdog.blogspot.com/2010/11/bad-touch.html

18. ray9898

ray9898

I would turn my badge in as would every officer I know on a personal level. I have been a lover of firearms since childhood and carried for many years under a state of GA CCW permit long before I ever entered LE. My life is full of friends and family who are not LE just like every other officer. So to paint us with the broad brush that we only care about our self because we will have gun rights as LEO's is flawed.

...and FYI....I don't have a pension like many officers working outside the larger agencies in the SE.

19. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

Here in the Seattle area, DUI checkpoints are (happily) either non existent, or so rare I have neither seen or heard of one -- so pardon my ignorance.

Question: For those areas that actually do this kind of stuff regularly - Is it common practice to actually have the calibrated breathaylzer machine on the scene at the checkpoint? I'm not talking about the small portable device the officer can stick in your window... but the actual "intoxalyzer" machine usually found back at the station.

20. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I applaud you on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.