close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Refusal DWI Checkpoints

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Random, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    It is perfectly legal to check for inspection stickers, proper licensing, proof of insurance, and driver's license. Neither of those things are your property.

2. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

May 22, 2002
    Portage, MI
    Only if there is some sort of cause. Stopping everyone is NOT the answer.

3. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I think you should face the same penalties as getting drunk and firing a weapon indiscriminatly in your neighborhood. You should face the same pentalties when you kill someone driving drunk as if you got drunk and decided to murder someone. Because, you did.

4. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    There is a solution. Walk.

5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    Fortunately though, your knee jerk reaction isn't what law and/or penalties are based upon.

6. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

May 22, 2002
    Portage, MI
    Exactly. If they were stopping everyone looking for guns think of the uproar.

7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Yes apparently you are

8. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    That didn't even make any sense. Try again.

9. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

May 22, 2002
    Portage, MI
    I don't agree with you often. But I very much agree with you on this.

10. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    The only thing you constructively own is your vehicle. And, honestly, the bank probably still owns that.:rofl:

You don't own your license plate, inspection tag, or driver's license. They are issued by the state in which you reside.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    If you think driving home after 3 glasses of wine is the same thing as firing a gun indiscriminately you really shouldn't own a gun.

As for the penalty for killing someone with a car, if it was intentional you are correct.

12. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    Yep, but to pull someone over without probably cause ? Then to try to get them to submit to a test and wasting more man hours and jamming up traffic. Wait, it's the government. I forgot they aren't about efficiency. :rofl::rofl:

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I read it again. It's very clear

14. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

May 20, 2009

Stopped Reading right there :wavey:

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1. They are looking at the operator of the vehicle.

2. The layman's version of the court's take on checkpoints is: You can't randomly stop individual vehicles w/o RS or PC, but conducting checkpoints for specific reasons (DUI/equipment) by stopping all cars for quick/short/shallow checks was acceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

16. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    No, but a wino like you shouldn't own a car. If you get buzzed on wine and go hit and kill someone with your car, I view that as intentional.

17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I'm a wino? I rarely drink. I never drink and drive. Not even one drink.

But I do drive sleepy sometimes.

18. RustyL

RustyL

Oct 5, 2012
    Arkansas
    Or if ones tell them, " No" your daughter, wife, sister, aunt, cannot have an abortion...ahhh the gnashing of teeth

19. The Fed

The Fed

Dec 23, 2012
    Central Florida
    Do they publish in the newspaper where they are setting up their checkpoints? In my county in Florida (perhaps all counties) they publish exactly where and what times they are conducting DUI stops. So all you need to do is read the paper or look on the paper's website and take another street home. Why? Because their attorney said that was the only way they could be legal.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  20. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Really? You just said you drink three glasses of wine and get behind the wheel. Which is it?

Even when I was a drinker: I either staggered on home, had a designated driver, or got a taxi. Those were all choices. Getting behind the wheel after drinking is also a choice.

They built a Benigans, right across the University I was at, back when they were cool. On Saint Patrick's Day the band was on the roof, the local police were all there, and the DWI trucks were in the parking lot.

Those guys were laid back, and just making sure no one drove off drunk. I remember having a nice conversation with one of the guys ending in a fist bump. These guys aren't the boogie men. They are just doing a job, and doing it within the confines of the law and civil liberties.

Imagining that you cannot have your state issued licensing inspected and considered is not even logical.

Try not having some random person not look at your ID before you get into a club. But, if you are as old I am, no one bothers me much. Too much grey I guess.:dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.