close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Refusal DWI Checkpoints

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Random, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badge315

badge315

Aug 14, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    So if accepting a DL from the State means that the driver has given implied consent to test for impairment, what is the limit of that implied consent? Can an LEO demand that a licensee submit to tests for intoxication even if that person is not operating any kind of vehicle?:dunno:

2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Dunno. There was a threat of it, so the PD admitted to putting in "performance goals"

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

^ has many issues, some of which includemaking up new definitions of words, making claims where he cannot reject the null hypothesis, and being blind to "brothers" who break the law.

Prove me wrong here big guy. Prove with data in statistically significant manner, that your department can reject the null hypothesis and that you have a deterrent on crime. Show me the data that rejects the null hypothesis or you are simply talking out a blow hole.

4. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Because, you like others who claim to be harassed about non-dui issues at checkpoints have been proven "irresputely" incorrect by the LEO on the forum by their jumping up and down insisting that doesn't happen. So, it is clear that it never happened, you are fabricating the incident, don't understand what LEO do since you aren't one, and are anti-LEO.

I think I have properly summed up the reasons. Maybe my LEO friends can help me out in case I missed something why it didnt happen as he says it did.

BTW. They were checking over your car for your own safety and that of the children.

5. rvanpelt

rvanpelt

Mar 1, 2012
    Nebraska
    The officer has their license from the traffic stop and they are at that point under arrest and read the implied consent law. If they are over the .08 limit they either bond out or spend the night in custody.
    Rod van Pelt

6. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Ive only run into one dui checkpoint about 20 years ago.

Leo asked if I had anything to drink, I said one beer (it was just one) he said okay have a good night.

If the police have pc your dui and you refuse to do a breath test, then I have no problem with them getting a search warrant signed by a judge and a blood sample being taken by force.

Too many good people are murdered (and thats what it is) every year by people who drive drunk. It seems most of the deaths are caused by drunks who drive drunk over and over again to the point if oblivion.

7. rvanpelt

rvanpelt

Mar 1, 2012
    Nebraska
    No. Just the driver. He or she can be the designated driver of people who wish to over indulge.
    Rod

8. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Dec 5, 2002
    Dallas TX
    Nice dodge.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  9. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Safe guess that the answer was to the effect that you had no alcoholic beverages?

10. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I said that long ago.

But dont worry, what these "checkpoints" are is simple. Start small with somethibg very targeted. Make the LEO feel like they are doing something good. Then add in check license and registration. Next thing there will be checkpoints inside the USA for people who have never left for Customs and Border Patrol. Then, we will put Federal employees at Airports using the guise of an administrative search, have made people believe that when criminal and administrative searches are intertwined, they can be searched without PC and/or warrant.

Its small steps that will end with police confiscating guns.

One LEO has stated that he would not participate. Lets here how many others, if a law is passed to require registration/confiscation will refuse to enforce said law. Just wait, they will have checkpoint to see if you have any illegal weapons in your car and these guys will say you have no rights against that either.

11. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Cant be. That would be dis-ingenious. :rofl::rofl:

12. w30olds

w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    Your right. I made up the whole thing. Geez....busted. Yep I fabricated some story to sound like I'm anti LEO. So go ahead and get you LEO buddies to say it didn't happen as well.

Really good fabrication story? It actually happened, but I guess you were there and saw the whole thing. Don't really care if you believe it, or not honestly. But since I'm anti LEO it doesn't matter.

13. Nanuk

Nanuk

Sep 13, 2009
    At home
    If you don't drink and drive you have nothing to worry about.

14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Obama, is that you?:wow:

15. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0CprVYsG0k"]Senator Barbara Boxer: "Don't Call Me Ma'am" - General Michael Walsh - YouTube[/ame]

16. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    And at that time you might as well sign them up for their 99 weeks of unemployment, put them on welfare, get them on the waiting list for public housing, start the paperwork for food stamps and WIC, and get their phone number ported to their Obamaphone.

You want to destroy people's lives over a simple mistake. Now keep in mind we're only talking about DUI, not any accidents or injury, just simply having more of a given substance in their body than a bureaucracy chooses to allow.

Painting with broad strokes is so moronic. Lumping together anyone who drives after having a beer is ridiculous.

Allowing sobriety check points is trying to trade freedom for security. It's a waste of resources paid for by hard-earned tax dollars and assumes anyone who happens to be on that stretch of road is guilty without probable cause.

17. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

All that fancy schooling, and you still don't know the difference between operating and traveling in.........

It's sad.

18. PA Wizard

PA Wizard

Mar 29, 2003
    Philly PA
    WOW!! I usually post on non-confrontational matters. However after reading all 14 pages in this thread, well for once I DO have a comment.

I live by what I call the 10% rule. That is: if you take any (all) group of people, fully 10% of them are a@@holes. (Now this is just my own personal observation you understand.) Cops, doctors, lawyers, cabinetmakers...you see my point.

Now some people are lucky, they win the lottery 2 or 3 times, find money, never run into the 10%. Me, I've never won on the lottery, but I do seem to run into more than my share of that 10%. In ALL walks of life. But to be honest I still interact with the other 90% to a much larger degree.

I guess that my point is, we've ALL met that cop, that doctor etc. But if you're at all honest, they ARE in the minority. Now I am against DUI checkpoints for all of the reasons listed. BUT guys, the people to be vilified, if anyone is, are the politicians who try to feed us the BS. Also too, those in power who use (And they do) these checkpoints for monetary gain. (not personal, public)

/soapbox off

Sorry if this is too long or rambling.

Wiz

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

All my fancy schooling has let me know that "to go from one place to another" and "to move or go from one place or point to another" does not include the definition of operate.

Show me where definition of "travel" which I have shown by Supreme court ruling have affirmed Americans have a right to, includes any of the following terms.

op·er·ate
    [op-uh-reyt] verb, op·er·at·ed, op·er·at·ing.
    verb (used without object)
    1. to work, perform, or function, as a machine does: This engine does not operate properly.
    2. to work or use a machine, apparatus, or the like.
    3. to act effectively; produce an effect; exert force or influence (often followed by on or upon ): Their propaganda is beginning to operate on the minds of the people.
    4. to perform some process of work or treatment.
    5. Surgery . to perform a surgical procedure.

20. Glockworks

Glockworks Ready/Aim/Fire Silver Member

Thank you for the work you do in this regard. You get it, too bad so many are living with their heads in the clouds on this issue. BTW I am not a police/cop person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.