close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

No New Taxes! Contact your Reps Today! Internet Tax being snuck thru the Se

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by JC Refuge, Apr 23, 2013.

1. JC Refuge

JC Refuge

Oct 8, 2007
    MN
    Reid and Obama are pushing thru the Senate the Internet Taxation bill that quite simply is just another way to enact a huge new tax on consumers, under the guise of "fairness."

Fairness to who, you might ask? Well, to big business of course ... those gigantic operations who pay their CEOs and other execs multi-millions while pleading that they are suffering greatly at the hands of the small business people of our nation who are trying their best to create jobs and make a living. Bottom line ... this is another key move by the continually growing corporate/governmental conglomeration that is looking to exact more and more of your hard earned money thru legislation like this.

This taxation bill is sneaky fast in the way it has suddenly come to the surface and is being voted on today without time for publicity or debate. If this bill becomes law, it will directly affect your pocketbook as well as cost countless American jobs (internet-related jobs will move off-shore and American small businesses will shut down).

If the Senate approves this bill today, the last chance for stopping this big new tax is in the House. Obama has endorsed the tax.

More here and a form that allows you to contact your Senator ...

http://www.rlc.org/act-now-to-stop-the-business-destroying-internet-tax-urgent/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013

2. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    I wonder how many Republicans will quietly vote for this?

3. JC Refuge

JC Refuge

Oct 8, 2007
    MN
    Thanks. It is fixed now.

4. evlbruce

evlbruce

Nov 3, 2003
    I love how every time a politician says "level the playing field" it means destroying small businesses.

5. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

How is it a 'new' tax??

6. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    It's a tax businesses didn't have to pay before (i.e. "new"), on sales they make to customers in states in which the business has no presence (i.e. is not registered with tax authorities in that state).

7. JC Refuge

JC Refuge

Oct 8, 2007
    MN
    It's not a tax businesses pay ... it's a tax that consumers pay on their purchases. But the cost and liability of collecting and forwarding the tax falls on businesses. That means small businesses have to be fully cognizant of every type of tax in every state and every local government that taxes specific unique products.

It's a huge new administrative cost for businesses that many small businesses are not going to be able to afford. And it's a tax that online consumers are not and have not paid in the past on their purchases, so yes--it's a new tax.

So small businesses and consumers once again get the shaft.

8. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

Do the Democrats ever cease digging their hands in your pocket ? ... :steamed:

9. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    And the IRS is giving people anal exams over collection of sales tax.

10. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    They're not gonna be able to do this on their own. Are you worried that this could "somehow" become law?

11. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Another lie this administration has coming out. How much of this will it take for people to open their eyes?????

12. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
  13. JC Refuge

JC Refuge

Oct 8, 2007
    MN
    A lot of Republicans are on-board with this. It's all about big business, big government, big political donations, big bucks all the way around ... coming ultimately out of your pockets.

14. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Wal-Mart is all-in on this proposed legislation -- the same folks who came out in support of Obamacare.

Whatever you think of Wal-Mart as a commercial merchandise outlet -- their preferences on federal legislation clearly do not have the interests of the American people at heart.

15. JC Refuge

JC Refuge

Oct 8, 2007
    MN
    Amazon is all for it too because they have software ready to sell to businesses to manage this huge exercise in building the beast.

16. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    How is this not a tariff being charged by one state on goods coming from another state?

ARS

17. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

I'm far from trying to pose as a constitutional scholar (like Barack Hussein Obama :rofl:), but I find myself wondering; What the hell is the senate messing with tax levies for- isn't that one of the designated duties of the house?:dunno:

18. HarlDane

HarlDane

Jul 26, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley
    Because this bill doesn't levy any taxes, it only helps State and local governments enforce their existing laws.

19. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

Ah, that begins to make sense. Thanks.

But, forgive my ignorance, ever since all of Obamacare was declared "a tax", I haven't quite got all of it in focus, yet.