close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

No name or springfield pro

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by lawdog734, Jul 1, 2010.

1. I finally got enough money to get a nice semi custom gun. I have never handled either one but I was hoping you guys could help me make up my mind. Either the No Name by Gun Crafter or Springfield Pro. Thanks for your time.

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Tough one. The No Names are a hot ticket lately but I have never heard a bad word about the Springfield Pros either. I would go with the Pro but would be 99% as happy with the No Name. Not much help am I? :)

3. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I don't know alot about GC's but all i've seen are gorgeous & a i love springfields.......that's a coin toss for me.

4. Thanks guys. I am leaning toward the pro but they are both so nice.

5. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    I like the Pro, though I've never fondled a NN

6. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    No Name. Hands down. And, in about 12 weeks, I'll show you why. :cool:

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Another good point 12 months vs.12 weeks.

8. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking the Pro AT ALL. I'm just really high on the Gun Crafter hands on quality right now.

9. The gun will be a carry gun for when I am on the bomb squad and certain off duty jobs. If I go with the pro I will be looking for someone who has it in stock. 12 months is a little to long of a wait for me.

10. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    The PRO has a well respected proven track record.

11. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Nothing against the Pro (it is an awesome pistol), but I am a huge fan of the GC pistols. For those that have never seen or handled one, I can understand the skepticism, but the GC pistols are incredible builds. Alex Zimmerman is a perfectionist and will not allow a pistol out the door that does not meet his high standards. Mine has become my everyday carry pistol over quite a few other 1911's. I like it that much....Either way you go, you cannot lose, though...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  12. Monte#2

Monte#2

Nov 12, 2009
    Midwest
    Wow! Tough call...I like them both...A LOT! The SA is outstanding! And from what I am hearing form the good folks on here...the GC is outstanding as well! I would lean towards the SA, only because I have no expereince with dealing with GC...and when I have dealt with SA customer service, and the SA weapons I own...all are top notch! SA is sometimes the "forgotten" in the semi-custom world...they are outstanding! I usually never say this...but it might just come down to personal preference, looks, etc. Couldn't go wrong with either! Okay...I rambled and offered really no help at all!:embarassed:

13. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    I just priced a SA Pro last week. My dealer said $2500( I thought they were closer to $2250?) and his wholesalers currently do not have any. I don't have experience w/either but IMO I'd go with the CG since every other company can't keep from putting rediculous rollmarks on their slides.

14. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
  15. Dean22

Dean22

May 10, 2010
    Dallas TX
    :drool:

Sorry....was thinking about Bac's No Name again...I think either way you'll be happy! :wavey:

16. Thanks guys for the help. I guess I just have some thinking to do, makes my brain hurt.

17. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    i vote pro, just because of springfield's support. the no name may be nice but the pro is PROven.

18. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    if we ever go shooting, i can bring the 2 Custom Shop guns so you get a feel for it. i don't have a NN...yet :supergrin:

19. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    i have never handled a GC NN, but i think it would be pretty tough to be better than a Pro. SA arguably has the best custom shop out there