Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

No more pistols for SNCOs and Officers...

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by dledinger, Jul 6, 2007.

1. dledinger

Jul 4, 2007
    Anybody read Marine Times? It appears the Corps plans to cease the issue of M9s to all SNCOs, and all officers LtCol and below. The new TO weapon will be the M4. The same applies to Corpsmen.

Interesting I thought....what say you?
  2. RM

RM Millennium Member

Oct 12, 1999
    It has been a long time in coming, the plan started in 03. However, commands can request to keep pistols, mine is planning on keeping more than our pistols, so in the end most will have both.

3. chadb1019

chadb1019 Cpl. Punishment

Jul 1, 2007
    Right here
    the M9's suck anyway
  4. reconvic

reconvic Recon Marine

Feb 27, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    They need a .45 ACP anyway:thumbsup:
  5. chadb1019

chadb1019 Cpl. Punishment

Jul 1, 2007
    Right here
  6. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

Dec 5, 2004
    Cherry Point NC
    hahaha wonder if they can still remember how to carry the bombstick around?? lol

I do think its a better move than sticking with the m9, but I still have my reservations about the m4... shorted barrel with no change to the gas system in the rest of the gun world usually = more problems.

and I still would rather see the HK piston system implemented in our **** for reliability.

but I still applaud this decision as again it was better than nothing
  7. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

Dec 27, 2001
    Billings, Montana
    The M4's do too.
  8. FLMarine

May 2, 2004
    Over NC
    Pistols will be kept for some MOS's like Pilots. My 46 has lots of room, but not so much in the cockpit. I hate the M9 myself, I just wish I had a nice .45.
  9. 4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    Same for medics (at least so I've heard). Too hard to treat the injured with a carbine constantly getting in your way.
  10. Had a M9 for about half of OIF-1 untill someone realised(and handed out Mossberg 500's) that people were shooting Corpsman and they needed a little more @$$ than what a M9 could offer. Have had a M16 and a M9 on my last two tours.

As far as loosing pistols I have been seeing more being issued out. The norm use to be that if you were a corpsman or a SNCO/Officer you got issued one. On my last deployment M9s were issued to all NCOs with there M16s.