close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

No more "dot in the box"

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by canav844, Sep 25, 2011.

1. canav844

canav844

Oct 7, 2010
    So two months ago I still had the "dot in the box" stock ploymer sights on my G27. Then I added Mepro night sights (only brand the LGS stocks, and I gotta say I've been pretty happy with them) and now today added a laser grip. Got a lot of practice in with just the night sights before getting the laser grip, will be interesting to see how it affects my accuracy when I make another range trip this week. I've been quite pleased with the night sights, and for some reason it's much easier to pick out the front sight than with the standard Glock sights, even when they white over in the daytime. Batteries die on the laser and I've still got robust night sights ready to go.

Some shameless photos.....
    [​IMG]
    (Serpa fits with room to spare, and more importantly keeps me from having to photoshop out the SN:embarassed:, the G23 mag is the spare, I carry with the G27 9 rounder as my primary)
    [​IMG]
    The extra width does rule out the use of some of my CC holsters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll add an update after I go to the range later in the week but if the dry fire was any indication I think the laser will help be a good training aid, and I'll take any edge in a self defense situation that I can get. And fwiw, I do carry a Blackhawk Gladius Flashlight anytime I'm up and about, so despite as the pictures may show I'm NOT using the laser for ID or in place of a flashlight, just sight picture enhancement and as a tell for any flinch or bouncing I have during the course of shooting at the range.

2. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    It's probably hard to focus on the front night sight because the rears glow just as bright. Which is exactly why I went with the ameriglo operators. Rear night sights are dimmer, smaller, and contrasting in color.

3. Turbo810

Turbo810

Sep 3, 2011
    Willowick, Ohio
    Nice. How does it it feel when bringing it up on Target? The grip now looks bulky. I thought about getting one myself. Just not sure how I would like the feel.

4. canav844

canav844

Oct 7, 2010
    I think my message was missed, with the Night sights, finding the front is much easier than with the polymer painted on stock Glock sights. I did look into varying the colors but it would have added much cost and time, so for this time I elected to just go standard green.
    The battery on the side of the grip falls in my palm of my right hand when shooting right handed; in dry fire it feels fine (and I had it loosely fit over another 27 in store before I bought it). I think the real test will come on Wed. when I can pencil in a trip to the range.:cool:

5. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I concur.

6. I am looking forward to your thoughts after you shoot it some. I am looking at the same for mine.

7. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    Make sure you take pics and do a report

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  8. canav844

canav844

Oct 7, 2010
    Put the review in another thread responding to a question about the grips, so I'll just copy and paste that here...

I did grab a few photos, it's a lot harder to see the laser in the photos than it was in person, but I'll upload them and post them here later in the week for those that are interested.