close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NJ concealed carry non-res permit?

Discussion in 'Tri State Glockers' started by jayfarm, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jayfarm

jayfarm Grumpy Gun Nut

Jun 11, 2005
    Worcester
    I know it says that such things exist on the website, but what's the likelyhood / actual scoop on concealed carry permits in the state of NJ.

I'll be vacationing down there in Feb and would like to have a gun with me, but am not sure if it's like trying to get one in NYC or if it's just pay your money and wait 2 months.

Thanks in advance for the help! Also, does NJ honor any other permits?

2. FLGUY

FLGUY Guest

As a former resident of NJ for 40 yrs. I can tell you that there is NO concealed carry in NJ. That is unless you are a friend of a judge or politician. It is virtually impossible for the average citizen to obtain a CCW. You can however obtain a purchase permit after a background check but you can only take it to and from a range and it better be unloaded and locked!

Good Luck! :wavey:

3. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

May 13, 2007
    S.E. Pa
    New Jersey does not honor any other state's license to carry concealed. New Jersey is not a shall issue state.

If you visit New Jersey, leave your guns at home.

4. jayfarm

jayfarm Grumpy Gun Nut

Jun 11, 2005
    Worcester
    This is what I thought the situation was but was hoping a local would prove me wrong. On paper they have what appears to be a reasonable application processes, but the reality is that everyone gets a denial. This is good to know so I won't waste my time, effort, or money. Maybe the following year when LEOSA applies I'll be able to take my glock with me.