close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NJ Cities get what they ask for.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by A6Gator, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Gee, who'd a thunk....:dunno:... As they say, in life you get what you pay for. Unfortunately, the law abiding residents of these Cites have to suffer the consequences.....

2. opelwasp

opelwasp ZOG/MORON LUBE

Nov 22, 2005
    Northern California
    No, you are looking at it all wrong. Now that there are less cops, there is less crime. See, the statistics prove it. Arrests are down, there's your proof.:wow:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  3. banger

banger

Nov 8, 2005
    Where evil lives
    Wait....

This can't be....

"Strict" gun laws make us safe....Don't they?:dunno:

I guess I'll have to go back and ask my "liberal friends".

After all, the politicians have been telling us for generations back here that if we don't have strict gun law, it will turn into the "wild west", where anyone could carry a gun, and that would be DANGEROUS!

4. G22Dude

G22Dude

Jan 23, 2009
    Please every day in Newark alone folks are getting carjacked. Shootings have increased drastically. Its a freaking war zone in Essex, Passaic, Mercer, and parts of Union county.

5. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Oakland was bad before the layoffs. Now they are ****ed. OWS hasn't helped either. They are on track to have a murder every three days this year with less than 500K pop.

6. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

More reason than ever to carry a gun with me in cities.

7. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Next week they will discover that if they lay off firemen, more homes will burn down. . . .

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

How about laying off the politicians? Less law... so the amount of laws being broken will go down.

GENIUS!

(Vote for me in 2012)

9. The-Fly

The-Fly The Bofh

Apr 27, 2005
    Colorado
    I only wish us civilians had that option when visiting certain states :sad:

Not LE's fault by any means, just a frustration on my part.

10. Try living there.

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Be happy that with leosa, at least the chances of having armed friendlies in the area is a little higher. How much I can't say but it's gotta be better than befote leosa.

12. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    Problem does not end there.
    Here in southern Maine the DA is so overworked that good cases get dropped because they don't get to them!

13. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Don't know what is the situation in NJ. In my area the tax burden on property owners is probably not as high. Essential services are not yet being cut. But it does seem that the very first thing that is looked at are teachers, police and firemen when a budget crunch develops. Cutting taxes is always a popular line during the lead-up to an election. There is always the attendant demonetization of those teachers, police and firemen as they are described as making to much money, milking the system, etc. But the reality is that such cutting of taxes never really addresses waste, etc. It usually just ends up being borne by those who are not to blame for the problems. Public servants are not the enemy of property owners. Many of them are property owners who pay the same taxes that others complain about. It's not unlike a pastor who tithes his salary to support the budget of the church he serves. I will say again, public servants are not the enemy. They are not the ones who are burdening and straining the budgets of local governments. They provide services that are essential to the community. But those who make the budget decisions are not going to give themselves a pink slip.

14. You don't live here, you dont know the situation here, so why bother commenting on something you admit you know nothing about? People are leaving the state like you would not believe, those who are staying are moving out of the cities reducing the tax level, the ones who stay in the city are the ones who cannot afford to move or the criminals. It's rather simplistic but true.

15. Sounds like they need to work past noon... I have a couple buds that live up that way, and it's not like people in Maine don't pay taxes out the wazoo for the privilege of living there.

16. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Oct 4, 2009
    The Twilight Zone
    Come on now, this is great news. Just do the standard liberal thing, and read the part that you want and ignore everything else.

CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Police in five New Jersey cities where departments have had deep layoffs are making fewer arrests.

Obviously, by having less police officers, there is less crime! :whistling:

17. Don't forget to mention places like Irvington and East Orange that keep SPEN busy just about every night.....And it's not only the citizens of these cities that are victims of crimes, but off duty coppers are getting "jacked" as well....It's beyond "out of control"......

18. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    That could be the new TEA party motto.:whistling:

19. fla2760

fla2760

Aug 12, 2006
    FL
    Absolutely.