close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Nims Ics 300

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by aspartz, May 23, 2007.

1. aspartz

aspartz

Oct 19, 2000
    Sandstone, MN 55072
    I finish my NIMS 300 class tomorrow morning. Exactly how much did the feds spend developing this stuff? By the time you get the IAP done the town has burned down.

ARS

2. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    But at least you can still get your grant money. Then, if somebody embezzles it, they don't even care.....

Scott

3. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA

But I am not bitter.....

Scott

4. ruralpatrol

ruralpatrol

Oct 24, 2002
    Appalachia
    Just finished two days of 300 and soon to do the 400. "Will be ready for anything then"
    Honestly, I think the intention is good they just pack so much into the course its hard to get a handle on it if you don't have the recources (we dont).

5. DepChief

DepChief Get Tous's Rope

Nov 27, 2004
    Outer Banks, NC
    I truly believe that the NIMS requirements were invented just to cut back on the amount of grant applications the feds have to go through. Every year they will add more required classes that every member of your department will have to complete just to be eligible to apply for the FIRE act grants. Unfortunately it hurts the smaller departments that need the money the most.

6. obxprnstar

obxprnstar Goth Lover

Jan 8, 2003
    Zombie Patrol
    :laughabove: :rofl:

7. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    On the bright side, we got our tanker and it is SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

Scott

P.S. Still waiting for our classes around here. A lot of the County volunteers are on "strike" and not taking any other classes until they get the required NIMS 300 done.....