close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Nikon D200 for $599 at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by hwyhobo, Apr 1, 2009.

1. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
  2. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    Aaarrgghhh.... Hate dealing with incompetent systems... Two hours after I ordered (2), I got a notification that both orders were cancelled. Had to call their center in Houston. They have no idea why their system is cancelling orders, and they ordered them for me again. I guess now I will be waiting to see if the system cancels again. :burn:

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    Ooooh. Too bad I opted for the other koolaid.

4. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    Both koolaids are great. I'm a lifetime Canon user except for a few stretches with Olympus, Nikon, Praktica, Pentacon, Start, Zeiss Korelle, and a some view cameras. Okay, perhaps I am not a one-brand man. ;)

5. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Nice deal. I'm hoping they'll drop further. And BestBuy is satan.

6. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    At $599 per D200 I can celebrate the black mass for them. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    They first ran this a couple months ago. Tried to talk a friend into geting one. Then they ran out. I saw on another forum that it was again offered at $649.

Any way, I hope you get them. It's a great camera. I still have mine. While my D300 is better at high ISO noise performance, the D200 is better at low ISO noise performance, if that makes any sense. :supergrin:

8. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    Not going to happen.

9. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Oh yes it will. They always do. I have time.

10. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    I swear I have never seen an operation dumber than Best Buy. FThorn is right about them. After placing it in person and after being assured that there would be no problem, I just got a new cancellation notice. I called them and was told that a review board will convene to see if I am a reseller, and if I can get my order fulfilled.

AAARRRGGGHHH. After this saga is over, I will NEVER EVER order anything from them again. What a bunch of cretins. They are trying to clear an inventory and then they scrutinize you to see if they can allow you to buy a camera as a gift for someone else. Un&*$%&#believable.

Today in the morning they had a loyal customer in me. Now I will make sure I walk over to the other side of the street when I pass by Best Buy.

It's just not worth the hassle to deal with those idiots.

11. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    But I only have on set of glass! :rofl:

12. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    Hehe... I see you've found my alter ego. ;)

13. bigboye

bigboye

Mar 11, 2009
    Going to order one for my wife. That way she has two bodies.

14. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    After another 30 minutes on the phone BB assured me that everything was straightened out (yet again), and the order was going to go through fine.

I will give it a few hours to see what happens. :upeyes:

15. bigboye

bigboye

Mar 11, 2009
    My wife called to place the order and she said everthing went fine. She paid an extra $4.01 to expedite the order and they told her we should have it by Monday. We'll see what happens. She was going to put her old backup SLR for sale this weekend. I told her to wait until she has the D200 in hand. Good find, we paid like $1300 for the D200 body she got 2-3 years ago.

16. Arr6

Arr6 .com

Apr 20, 2009
    Illinois
  17. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    Yes. It will probably drop again. They've done it in the past, up & down, up & down.

18. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Oct 3, 2002
    :wavey: