close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NIK software Photoshop plugin update???

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Batesmotel, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    I got an email from NIK, apparently now owned by google, offering a free upgrade for all of the software I have purchased from them.

Anyone know about this? Is it just a free update to the latest versions?

In the past I have had "free" updates (not from NIK) wipe out the original plugin and cause me to buy the new version.

Thanks.

BTW I have tried to contact them but the contact page is experiencing problems and won't let me submit my request to have them email or call me.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  2. Gpruitt54

Gpruitt54

Jul 18, 2012
    You might want to give them a call. Now sure about how NIK does upgrades. I use Topaz add-on tools. When there is an upgrade you can still keep the fully functioning older version of the the specific filter.

BTY, the NIK Tools are great. Good choice! Which tools are you using?

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    NIK is now owned by Google. No more phone contact. Still no response to my email.

However, I went ahead and did the update. No problems. Everything works great.

4. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Jul 14, 2005
    With Amber Lamps
    It looks like Google bought NIK Software in September 2012. The website changed but they have the same staff and the phones were working three weeks ago.

888-284-4085 and 404-978-9258