close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nightmare in Ohio

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fowl intent, Oct 7, 2012.

1. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Shall not be infringed.

If a permit is required it is a privilege, not a right.

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

The laws in your state regarding guns are immoral.

3. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

And when I have a pistol with me, I have a backup! Unless I'm hunting WITH a pistol.

Idiots think you don't ever need a backup.

Every year.

What kind of guarantee that what you've scouted in the past won't have different conditions the day you arrive? I know guys that have been treed by feral dog packs and had to take care of business.

Some states, not mine but some, have ammo limits for what can be in your hunting weapon.

Only if they're anti gun. Most guys I know think youre a fool if you don't keep proper protection on you. Meth labs, finishing shots, feral dogs, other wild animals and coyotes are just a few of the hazards.

Pro gun guys don't laugh at others carrying weapons.

In AK, a large frame double action revolver .44mag and up is known as a "rolling around on the ground" gun in case you get tackled by a bear, you're already likely wounded but its your last chance. More than few stories have come back where it made the difference in life and death. Pretty much the same thing for MT, WY, ID, WA CO and UT.

An old friend in Oregon told the story of his dentist who used to fish annually in the UP of Michigan. A long gun would not have helped him any when he got blindsided by a blackie and went for his .357. He survived, barely but was badly wounded and now only takes a .44mag loaded with hardcast.

Suit yourself. No skin off my back.

4. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

What if you're leaving home, traveling 13 or 14 hours to be in another state, spend a week or so there, then on to a nearby state to spend another two weeks, then on to another...

"shall not be infringed.."

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Oddly a considerable number of the people in Ohio probably disagree with you and he needs to essentially do what they want based on what their legislators write. And few felonies generate anywhere near the revenue they cost to investigate and prosecute.

It doesn't make them special. It just makes them legal and helps to about instantly differentiate those who ignore the law.

6. TactiCool

TactiCool

Immoral indeed. Sadly, the natural law theory is not very popular in today's court systems.

BTW are you voting yes on #2 in November? :supergrin:

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The nearly universal GNG opinion is: "Cops should answer to the taxpayers who pay their salaries!...unless the taxpayers tell them to do things I don't like....":upeyes:

As in the third grade, their ultimate social theory is "I should get what I want and people should do what I say."

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  8. guns85

guns85

9. Search

Search

I do feel bad for your friend, given he wasn't meaning any harm, however..

It is an individuals personal responsibility to know the laws in their state and other states they travel through, or visit.

In every state I'm familiar with it's illegal to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle.

Unless a state has signed reciprocity with the state your permit was issued, your permit is invalid anyway.

The absolute safest thing to do, granted you don't want to know the actual law, is unload your firearm, separate the ammunition to the best of your ability, and secure them both. Hence, leave the ammunition in a box and put your gun in a case or bag.

If you do get stopped, your as safe as you possible could be next to not having it, which I'm not suggesting.

Ignorance doesn't make anything right. Know the laws, protect your self.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

What if you need it really really badly and like right now?

11. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Let me know how that defense works out for ya. :wavey:

12. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

still havent heard why this guy didnt have a ccw permit/license......

13. BossGodfrey

BossGodfrey

That is one of most stupid post I have ever read, thank you for reminding why I spend so little time on internet forums now !

14. oldman11

oldman11

+1 :rofl:

15. ray9898

ray9898

You know....normally I would really feel for the guy over the 'mixup' but considering his actions were against the law in his home state also I have to wonder about his judgement. You can't go blundering through life flying by th seat of your pants.

16. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Ray, I think there is definitely more to this story.

Sent from my PKE meter.

17. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Let's keep things in context - OK. I was specifically referring to biblical laws regarding hunting; but, thank you for expanding the definition to include self-defense. That's an acceptable reason for ending life, too.

PS: If you reread my first post in this thread you should be able to see that I have little, or no, problem ending an animal's life by reason of self-defense.

I didn't get to be my present age because I needed someone else to bail me out every time I got in trouble. Self-defense and I are, 'old friends'; but, now, we're no longer talking about scriptural concepts as they relate to sport hunting - We're talking about self-defense.

As far as my comments to ithaca_deerslayer go, self-defense is NOT the message I was hoping to put across. If I confused you, I apologize. :freak:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  18. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Same for PA! Bow Hunters can now carry.

19. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Your reply is, both, a non-sequitur as well as a misleading exaggeration of what I've said.

There are two great hunters and game takers in the Bible: Nimrod and Esau. Both were detestable to God; but, please, don't let me interfere with your love of a, 'blood sport'.

As I've had to learn for myself, sport hunting - whether or not the game is consumed - is something a man has to, 'grow through' as he matures and draws closer to God. If you're not quite there yet, believe me, I'm able to understand!

20. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

There is some great common sense for ya! A LE friend of mine told me.....why make the honest people crazy? There are already plenty of crazy dishonest people out there already! I'm sure the jail space could also be used for more violent crazy people.