close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nighthawk Costa Recon

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Roydrage, Feb 1, 2013.

1. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Very nice

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Roydrage

Roydrage
    Expand Collapse

My Favorite Gun Period is my Enforcer... It's not the prettiest but it shoots the best.

The Grips are so thin that they are underneath the spring tube for safety, and slide stop, instead of over it... Aluminum is the only thing that would work, wood would flake away and brake... With the high cut trigger guard this thing is amazing to hold.

Royd[​IMG]

3. Jim Watson

Jim Watson
    Expand Collapse

Who is this Costa chap that they are naming guns after him?

Then I would want an integral or soldered down plunger tube.
    The standard grip overlapping the plunger tube is a safety measure so you don't lose it if the staking fails.

#23 Jim Watson, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  4. Quack

Quack
    Expand Collapse
    Rent this space

it's this little guy...

[​IMG]

5. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26
    Expand Collapse

He also used to develop parts and make instruction DVDs for carbine, shotgun and handgun for this little obscure company called Magpul. ..:supergrin:

#25 SouthpawG26, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  6. Jackalo626

Jackalo626
    Expand Collapse

Very overpriced. I am not saying the gun isn't nice but the price is extremely out of reason.

7. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

I would like minus the FCS please :)

I would imagine it shoots lights outs.

8. Rinspeed

Rinspeed
    Expand Collapse
    JAFO

I've always thought that about NHC after seeing pics of some of the dogs they let out the door. :faint:

9. harleypower69

harleypower69
    Expand Collapse

Envy, but that is the beauty of a democracy. You get to buy and shoot what you like and can afford. You can freely say what you think with no fear. I love my NHC Enforcer with the Predator barrel system and I tell everyone who asks about it. It has functioned flawlessly with every type of ammo. It tears one hole at 25 yards consistently. I have always been treated like a valued customer in my dealings with NHC. I had no problem with the price because I found value in this gun, it works well for me. I am selling my Dan Wesson Valor which I previously thought was the best 1911 I had ever owned. The rest of my .45's are Glocks.

10. spcwes

spcwes
    Expand Collapse

Only issue with their weapons is I would feel horrible about spending thousands of bucks on one and then rolling around during training in the gravel or mud with it in my holster.

My 1911s are more accurate than me and as long as I maintain them and practice with them my $1200 or less guns do everything that one will and I feel better (not great) about the gravel and mud lol.

11. mleroux21

mleroux21
    Expand Collapse

The railed costa does look nice!!!

Marc

12. Saberman

Saberman
    Expand Collapse

My favorite is my NHC Talon II Bobtail. So sweet, and feels so nice in hand.

13. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtwQjf76P7w"]NHC Costa Recon Signature Series .45 ACP Review - YouTube[/ame]

:50cal:

14. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO
    Expand Collapse

It's great that your Nighthawk as been so reliable and they have treated you so well. Then again, you won't really know about their service until it breaks, will you? Or until you order something from them and it is not as described.

15. harleypower69

harleypower69
    Expand Collapse

Many dealings with them and always got what I wanted, on time and as specified. I am sorry that you (a fellow shooter) did not have a good experience with them. If you are happy with what you choose to shoot then good for you. NHC (and LMT) get my hard earned money because they both produce a robust product and back up their word with action. I respect them. That is all.

16. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you on LMT. I have a couple of their rifles.
    It's been a while, but if you do a little searching in a different 1911 forum, you can read where Larry Lyles (from Nighthawk) would have fixed my problems but didn't like my attitude. He also said if I don't like the gun, sell it. That's after being called a liar by the owner of Nighthawk, because I told him his representative (Tim) told me the Nighthawk safety was as reliable as the Wilson Bullet Proof safety, when he was helping me choose the features on my T3.
    Kind of hard to dispute their bad attitude when they post it right there on a 1911 site.

#36 SpringerTGO, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  17. harleypower69

harleypower69
    Expand Collapse

That is pretty poor of them, I agree. Sorry you had such a bad run with them.

18. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO
    Expand Collapse

Thanks.
    Seriously, I'm glad things have worked out for you with Nighthawk.
    Eventually I'm going to sell mine. Not because it doesn't shoot well, but I can't stand looking at it. After being called a liar (over a cheap part on a $3K 1911) it doesn't have the appeal a handgun in the price range should have.