close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Night sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by ted1, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
    I was just wondering what would be a good set of night sight to put on my g22. Yes I use it as my carry weapon I know its big but I am a big guy and have no problem with it. Thought I would say that cause most people can't believe I carry a g22.

2. FireMedic7

FireMedic7

Sep 4, 2008
    I like the tirjicon hd's. I have them on my 23 and 27.

3. 4GLOCKER

4GLOCKER

Feb 9, 2009
    S W Virginia
    I like the Meprolite that's on my G23. MH3

4. vis35

vis35

Apr 5, 2010
    Alaska
    I like Glock night sights. Stronger retention for the front sight and you cannot goof up the installation. Your G22 is not too big; I carried a G21 concealed for five years. But I don't work at the pawn shop anymore! :whistling:

5. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    I agree. I'd go with Glock night sights

6. Warren Tactical Night Sights, hands down the best sights I have ever owned.

7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I have Trijicon night sights on my G17 - they work great!

8. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Feb 15, 2012
    Minneapolis
  9. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    Ameriglo Pro Glo front with Pro Operator rear or Ameriglo Pro I Dot.

10. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Jan 12, 2012
    ^^^ Concur

11. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002
    drop the night sights amigo.. no need for them. Most folks are so busy trying to look at their sights when their 3 to 10 feet away from the attacking felon, they have no time to put their eyes on the target. If your thinking SD gun. Forget night sights or you may end up in the obituaries. ! :whistling:

Point and shoot training is far better for SD than looking around to line up some glow in the dark sights.. ;)

If your using them for low light hunting fine... But for SD they are a hazard to your health !

Stay safe, and think about this...

CM

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  12. Celtic Pride

Celtic Pride

Jan 20, 2005
    Louisiana
    TRUGLO TFO (tritium / fiber optics) are nice. Very bright in daylight, and also good at night.

13. tacops5372

tacops5372

Jun 16, 2008
    DFW
    Have Meprolite's gr/gr on my Trusty G22 which was my duty gun now retired to HD and range gun... Still bright going on 8 or 9 years now. But have been seeing great reviews on Trijicon's new HD model. May put them on my G17 4th gen?

14. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    There are lots of good choices. I have used Trijicon, Glock factory night sites, meprolights, and Ameriglo operators.

My favorite so far (on 2/3 of my Glocks at the moment) is the Ameriglo Operator. I went green front/yellow rear. The green is brighter and a bit quicker to pick up, and the typical color you get used to looking for, so it goes on the important site up front. Yellow on the rear so that you can use all three if need be but there is no confusing which one is THE one that is up front.

15. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

Dec 27, 2009
    Chicago Suburb
    Trijicon, Meprolight, HoMeBoy, Heinie, AmeriGlo... They're all good.

16. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    My mepro nightsights did not last as long as my Trijicon or Ameriglo.

Just FYI

17. Genin

Genin Designated Left

Oct 25, 2010
    Bloomsburg PA
    Truglo TFOs are amazing. They give you a huge added benefit during the day with the Fiber Optic inserts. They blaze in the sunlight.

Example (same day, same conditions):

[​IMG]
    Ameriglo Tritium Supressor Sights

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Truglo TFOs

18. If this is a carry gun, you might consider gaining the ability to hook the rear sight on a belt, holster or table to rack the slide. If nothin else, they will be more rugged than the stock plastic sights. Also, unless you plan to get new holsters and if you will conceal the handgun, sights that stand much taller than stock may cause interference issues.

One good place to get opinions from people who purchased a given brand is Amazon. I use it for a lot of my "crowd sourcing."

Also, I check the forums, but I would be wary about accepting something that is only opinion without any facts to back it up.

One of the best uses I find for my night sights is that I can find my gun easily in the dark. The may help for bedside.

I also find a lot of the gun experts out there who own/run shooting schools will have preferences. Sometimes, they seem to recommend what they sell, or the products of sponsors. The products may be the best and the expert may have the highest of ethics, but remember to get alternate opinions.

Out there in fly-over country...