close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Night sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Jamos5790, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Jamos5790

Jamos5790

Feb 16, 2010
    GA
    Do any of yall just use the front sight as night sight and rear sight the stock sight? Im thinking of getting NS and was wondering if this worked well. Also if you do which sight do you like?

2. Braden

Braden

Feb 10, 2005
    Texas
    To answer your first question, yes, some people do that. I never have though so I don't know how well it works.

To answer your second question, I've tried Trijicon, Meprolight and AmeriGlo in various forms and color combinations and have ultimately decided that my favorite is the XS Sight Systems Big Dot night sights. I can get on target faster with the Big Dots than any other sight system that I have tried. I have the Big Dots on my G19 and am expecting shipment of three more sets for my G17, G23 and G36 later this week.

3. dj_osbo

dj_osbo

Mar 26, 2010
    SW Ohio
    Some people seem to prefer having only a front night sight. However, my preference is for having front and back night sights, and I really like the AmeriGlo sights I have.

4. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    I had the front only night sight setup for years, but now that I have the full night sight setup, I realize how lacking that really was.

I would not use only a front night sight again.

I like both Glock OEM, Trijicon and Meprolights, Meps I think are a bit nicer and they are cheaper, too.

5. firemedic1343

firemedic1343 Not an Expert!

Feb 6, 2007
    San Diego, California
    I'm thinking about just devoting the night sight money to a laser my next go round. Maybe Lasermax...

6. Jamos5790

Jamos5790

Feb 16, 2010
    GA
    Well I went with Trijicon night sights. They seem to look pretty good. I'm going to try them in a low light setting and test my accuracy with them. I haven't shot with them on yet but I think I'm gonna enjoy them.

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010