close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Night Sights for G26 - what kind ?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Calico Hunter, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Calico Hunter

Calico Hunter Vietnam Vet

Jan 27, 2011
    Ohio - West Central
    I've never had Night Sights before, so I'm not sure what to purchase.

The Night Sights are for my G26, which I do use for concealed carry using a Sidearmor IWB holster.

I want sights that will give me years of service, without breaking-the-bank.

Thanks

2. Alcoy

Alcoy

Jul 13, 2006
    Virginia
    i have ameriglo on mine. put GSSF on the discount section when you check out (10%~20%) discount. I ordered the I-dot model.

3. phil evans

phil evans

May 26, 2006
    austin tx
    on my g26gen 4, i have xs big dot.
    fastest target acquisition of any sight.
    big dot ok as battle sights for 0-15 yards.
    >15 yards get something else.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  4. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
  5. Calico Hunter

Jan 27, 2011
    Ohio - West Central
    Thank You for the information above . . .

I should have also asked what did it cost to have your Sights installed ?

6. amazon

amazon

Jul 11, 2010
    MA
    I have trijicon's on mine. ~$90 installed at my local shop. Low profile. Nice & bright at night. The white rings work fine for me (it's my carry gun).

7. rnpollard

rnpollard

Nov 6, 2009
    I had some on my G36 and took them off to add Tru Glo TFOs. Big mistake! I am in my 50s and the TFOs are too busy, the rear sights are the same size as the front sight and since they are closer they appear bigger.

I've gone from the 36 to a 26 and will add the XS Big Dot Sights as soon as I can. They can be found for about $100 (I bought mine second hand for $80) and I'm a Glock Armorer so it is no problem to put them on. My local gun shop has a rear sight pusher.

A normal self defense ranges these sights are dead on and fast. At longer ranges you just take your time and you can get hits out to 50 yards.

I have Big Dots on my Kahr PM9 w/ Crimson Trace and my Colt C.C.O. .45. They will be standard on all my carry guns from now on.

8. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

May 23, 2009
    DFW TX
    Trijicon on my G30 - came with the gun and have been great. Zero complaints.

XS BigDot on my American Classic Commander - I really like these and will be using these going forward. I find the BD sight great for quick target acquisition during rapid fire drills.

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I also really like the TFO sights as being past the half century mark my eyes are not what they used to be. I also have a set of Big Dots that are good too, but in daylight the TFOs work better for me.

10. hwill

hwill

Jul 16, 2010
    I have the TFO's on my Gen3 G26, they are good sights. I have XS Big Dot on my Gen4 G26 and they are also good for shorter ranges as stated.
    My favorite sights are Trijicon HD's that will replace the TFO's on the Gen3 G26.

11. firefighter4215

firefighter4215

Nov 2, 2009
    Kentucky
    I love my green/yellow Mepros. Have 'em on the 27 and 22.

12. mikekjg

mikekjg

Apr 13, 2009
    Warren Tactical Sevigny Carry 2-dot tritium. They're like $130. I installed them myself.

I do have a set of 3-dot mepros if anyone is interested. $55 shipped.

13. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    I have Trijicons or GNS installed on my Glocks.

14. Calico Hunter

Jan 27, 2011
    Ohio - West Central
    Thank You for all the valuable information, and suggestions.

I wish there were a way to test the various sights before purchase. It seems like my local dealers only carry 1 or 2 different sights. And, none mounted on Range Guns. Bummer.

I bought a set of Mepro 3 green dot sights for my G19. I would really like to try the XS Big Dot on my G26. Does anyone have a recommended internet purchase sight for the Big Dot at a "good" price ?

Thanks

15. I got mine from Glockparts, but it looks like they're back-ordered right now.

16. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    I had a good email conversation about sights with LoneWolf's armorer.

Then again, I had a very specific question.