Glock Talk banner

Night sights for an AK

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SCSU74 
#1 ·
I am looking for some night sights for my Arsenal SGL21 AK-47. Anyone have a recommendation? What sights do you have on your AK? Thanks!

#5 ·
I have Meprolights on three of my AK's. After using them awhile, I replaced the rear sight on two of them with the stock sight and left the front lit. I left one alone to remind me why the other two dont have the lit rear.

The problem I have with the rear sight is, the dots are actually to large, and tend to fuzz out, and not be sharp and clear. I have a set on my 1100, and with those sights, the dots on the rear sight are smaller than the front, and they have a better perspective, and work much better. I wish their AK sights were made like this.

The single dot actually works well by itself. If youre used to shouldering the gun and have the cheek weld down, the dot just appears as you get the weld.

The only downside to the front sight is, its pretty big/fat. I find for reasonable shooting, it reduces your range to about 200 yards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.