close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Night sights falling off

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Jim173, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Jim173

Jim173

Jan 27, 2011
    VA
    I recently picked up some trijicon night sights, and i had an armorer put them on my glock 21, after putting about 400 rds. through i found that i was shooting off, i took a closer look and my sights were falling off, any suggestions?

2. KS-Glock

KS-Glock

Nov 9, 2008
    Which sight is falling off, front, back, both?

3. Jim173

Jim173

Jan 27, 2011
    VA
    my front sight is falling off, i have sinced fixed it but if i shoot anymore its just going to be an inconvenience to tighten up and realign the sight

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  4. Use lock tight. I'm not sure if its the red or the blue.

5. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Any brand of blue thread lock will work IF you have a screwed-on sight.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  6. Glockpimp

Glockpimp

Jan 16, 2011
    SC
    he should have used loctite when he installed the front sight. you might want to find another guy for your gun work.

7. This. Blue Loctite is a must on the front sight. Find a more competent armorer.

8. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    Amen to both statements

9. Glockpimp

Glockpimp

Jan 16, 2011
    SC
    optics forum

10. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Every front sight my gun shop has installed for me has come loose. Every front sight I've personally installed has stayed put! I'm guessing the boys at the shop don't clean their hands properly...

I've had complete success using both red and blue Loctites on the front sights.

One key thing is to make sure all contact surfaces are clean and free of solvents, lubes and skin oils. Clean contact parts with alcohol and blast dry with canned air--including finger tips.

Here's what I do...

I use a small drop of Loctite on all contact surfaces, and tighten 1/4 -1/2 turn past finger tight (adult strength). Make sure the final adjustment is a tightening adjustment.

Remove excess Loctite (there shouldn't be much) with Q-tips and paper towel or cleaning patch.

Let set 24-hours, then have at it!

All my Glocks are well used, but seldom holstered. All look like new because that's how I keep things.

--Ray

11. bobelk99

bobelk99

Mar 1, 2005
    Central KY
    I second the use of Blue Loctite.

Keep in mind that Red is intended for applications in which the screw is not intended to be removed with hand tools.

12. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    If you are in SW VA I'll fix it for you.

13. Jim173

Jim173

Jan 27, 2011
    VA
    thanks but i got it fixed, took it to a gun dealer and he fixed it for me thanks for the help.

14. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Sep 15, 2007
    one of the most important things to do is to get the air bubble out of the FS hole so the locktite can flow into it. use a pin to pop it