close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Night sights and install costs

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by beersngars, Dec 4, 2010.

1. beersngars

beersngars

Mar 22, 2009
    I did a search but did not find exactly what I was looking for. Any one have recent experience with having Glock install OE Glock night sights. I am looking for costs, turn around times and warranties. Trying to decide if it's worth it for me to buy a sight pusher and do my own or just have it done. I do like the Glock brand sights so I'm not looking for brand advice. TIA

2. Ranger45

Ranger45

Jan 17, 2010
    North Carolina
    Check around your local gun stores. One in my area held a "Glock Day" last July, and offered OE Glock night sights installed for $60. My brother-in-law and I had sets installed on our G21s. Maybe you can find a similar promotion if your patient.

3. :cool: A gun store near me will install the sights free if you buy the sights from them. Don

4. jrh3

jrh3 War Eagle

Jul 6, 2010
    ALABAMA
    personally i would go with truglo tfo night sights and pay 30 bucks for install at a local gunsmith.

By far the tfo is the brightest night sight and to me it is the best JMHO

5. beersngars

beersngars

Mar 22, 2009
    Thanks for the replys. No gun shops around me that I would let install them. Right now I have 3 that need sights and most likley a few more in the future.

6. You don't list your location (gee, I wish folks would do that...) but Glock will sell and install GNS for 57 bucks. Don't know how you'll get your slide to them - call Glock for details.

As for TFOs... which you are not looking for... I have TruGLo TFOs on 3 (competition) Glocks - soon to be four. The fiber obtics (TFO) are extremely bright with any kind of stray daylight or overhead ambient light and target acquisition is fast (for me, anyway). I don't think the Tritium part (TFO) is any brighter than any other night sight however; though it is very good. The big advantage of TFOs is the daylight picture IMHO - and that's where we all do most of our shooting.

If you were down the block from me, I'd install TFOs for you for nothing - but alas, I don't know where you are...

7. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    Anyone who has the proper tool - and I mean a good, proper tool, and not a flimsy one like Glock sells - can install night sights so fast that I don't think there's much justification in charging hardly anything for installation if they bought the sights from you. It can be done in only a few minutes with absolutely NO risk of scratches unless your tools are bad.

I just bought my own MGW tool & did it myself because it's really all about the tools, and there's no skill required at all if you have them. A monkey can do it.

8. beersngars

beersngars

Mar 22, 2009
    MGW is the tool I will buy if I go that route. Not tring to be cheap, but if I can get Glock to install GNS's for 57 bucks..... I havent seen them near that price except OMB and they only have the large frame model. If all 3 slides were shipped togather, it just might be a no-brainer.

9. Agree with that for sure. If I ever need a tool to do a job, I just go out and buy it so I have it for the next job. I think the MGW model 309 will do Glock stock sights including GNS but the MGW 309S is required for flat-sided sights.

If I had 2 or 3 or 4 Glocks, I'd definetly get the pusher. Oh wait... I do have 2 or 3 or 4 or...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  10. cderk

cderk

Mar 2, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Where are you located?

11. beersngars

beersngars

Mar 22, 2009

Canton Ohio

12. Gwizzle

Gwizzle

Sep 23, 2010
    Tennessee
    If you get XS Big Dots they come with tools and good instructions. I don't consider myself a very mechanical person but it was quite easy to install them myself.

13. OP said he's looking for GNS.

14. JLui83

JLui83

Nov 19, 2010
    Northern VA
    I bought my Nightsights on Ebay! Truglo TFOs, tritium and fiber optics... Had them installed at local range for $25.. I love them!

15. Gwizzle

Gwizzle

Sep 23, 2010
    Tennessee
    He did indeed... I'll read more carefully next time I'm late-night-glocktalking.

16. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Nov 1, 2000

If ur close, u can drop in and they'll do 'em on the spot for free...