close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Night Sight Options for G30 Mep vs Glock Factory

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by jhands, Sep 27, 2010.

1. jhands

jhands

Feb 3, 2009
    Tampa Bay Area
    I have narrowed my options down to the meprolights and the Glock Factory sights (which can be installed by glock for 57 bucks plus tax). I have heard that glock uses meprolight tubes in their sights. I guess my question really is...to you guys that have contrasting front and rear night sights, is it really worth the extra money to get orange/grn or yellow grn?

Also, if you have any other recommendations as to what to put on this gun, feel free to recommend away, as I will always check on what yall say...and I will probably go back and forth on this purchase a few times anyways!

James

2. spectre04

spectre04

Jan 30, 2010
    SC
    I had green/green and green/yellow meps on one 17 and glock "OEM" on another: I prefer the glock factory sights for three reasons: 1) they allow more light on either side of the front post when aligned. 2) the tritium tube was noticeably larger in diameter on my set of meps. 3) cost. Their performance, IMHO, is at least equal to the meps for $30 less.
    You can't go wrong either way, but the above reasons steer me in an obvious direction.

3. ju993rnaut

ju993rnaut

Feb 6, 2010
    Texas
    Glockmeister has meps on sale for $72 and ameriglo TFOs for $75. Just a little fyi.

4. jhands

jhands

Feb 3, 2009
    Tampa Bay Area
    I have had tfo style sights before they were so so but those were truglo... What's the good word on ameriglos?

5. jhands

jhands

Feb 3, 2009
    Tampa Bay Area
    Edit just checked site. Those tfo sights are truglo. Haven't have good experiences with them.

Has anyone had any experience with the orange or yellow rears? I'd be curious to know if it makes a difference in sight acquisition or not.

6. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    I have Glock Factory night sights on my G22 RTF2. Very nice.

7. I like to have lots of light on either side of the front sight. I like a thinner front sight rather than a fat one. I like tritium for the front sight only.
    Many times, however, the tritium tube means that the front sight is wider than I would prefer.
    Sonnytoo

8. Ogie

Ogie

Jul 27, 2010
    Northwest Indiana
    I have a Glock factory night sight in the front, no rear night sight. I like my setup.

9. striker6126

striker6126

Jul 3, 2008
    I would go with the glock night sights. I have a couple of the meps with orange rears , and they take some getting used to.

10. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ