close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nice handgun for $1 on Gunbroker.........buy it?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by hogship, Jul 7, 2012.

1. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

'

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of anyone getting a no-reserve auction on GB for a ridiculously low price......because nobody else bids?

ooc

Sorry Guys!........You thought I was going to tell you what auction I'm looking at? :shakehead:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 hogship, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. Rinspeed

Rinspeed
    Expand Collapse
    JAFO

I picked up a S&W 28-2 in very good shape for $235 , it was a few years ago but still a great deal.

3. Decguns

Decguns
    Expand Collapse

A lot of estate auctions have penny or $1 auctions with no reserve. It's a great way for these companies to dispose of hundreds of estate firearms all at once. I've got some great deals following these auctions. For instance, $202 M1 Carbine. $217 for an Intrac AK-74. $65 for Winchester 1400 shotgun.

But don't expect them to remain at $1 for long. They usually get a lot of bids right at the end. With Gunbroker's 15 minute rule, extending an auction 15 minutes after each bid at/after closing, these auctions can go on and on and on for days.

4. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

Yep, I forgot about that 15 min rule......that pretty much eliminates my thought that I'd get a steal, like I thought was possible........rats!

ooc

5. ctfireman

ctfireman
    Expand Collapse

At least tell us what kind of gun?

6. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

It was an older all steel Baby Desert Eagle that had plenty of holster wear. It's gone now......don't know what it sold for, and no way for me to check on it now. I imagine most lookers probably checked on the pics, and passed because of the looks, but it would have been a great deal at the price of a cup of coffee!

After realizing about the 15 minute rule, I grabbed the Harley and took a little ride instead for a few hours........just as well, I suppose.

ooc

7. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I heard one story of somebody actually winning an auction for $1 and the seller refusing to let it go.

8. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman
    Expand Collapse

The owner of the local LGS sells hundred of guns annually on GB and swears that a True Auction (penny to open, no reserve) nets the most for what he sells. According to him, it tends to get the largest group of initial buyers watching and drives the ultimate price to its greatest potential.

I've watched him sell $300 guns for $450 and $1,500 guns for $2,000 while watching similar guns with a high reserve go without any bids, so he might be on to something.

9. 427

Expand Collapse

A few years ago or so, there was one guy who listed a mauser for a penny and he refused to sell it when one guy won it. It caused a crap storm on a forum that both the buyer and seller were members. It was funny in a sad way.

10. Stevekozak

Stevekozak
    Expand Collapse
    Returning video

Are the sellers not obligated to the terms of the auction?

11. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall
    Expand Collapse
    HildabeastHater

I won a Glock 7 for $1.00 on gunbroker, but when you added in delivery and FFL fees it was more than I made in a month.

:animlol:

12. 21/4life

21/4life
    Expand Collapse

Whats a Glock 7?

13. Glockz0r

Glockz0r
    Expand Collapse
    10mm is best mm

A Die Hard 2 reference/joke.

14. jr240sx

jr240sx
    Expand Collapse

I won a glock 30sf (in very good shape) for $350 with box and 5 mags two of them g21 mags, gun also had nightsites

I bidded on it thinking what the hell i'll give it a try, and in the end no one else bidded on it.