close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

NFA Trust (Texas)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jojo_got_mojo, Nov 9, 2011.

1. jojo_got_mojo

jojo_got_mojo

Oct 19, 2011
    West Texas
    I am interested in setting up a NFA Trust to purchase a SBR and a couple of suppressors, and possibly more Class III items in the future. Do any of you fellow Texans out there have a Lawyer or Law Firm that you would recommend? Possibly one that won't charge me an arm and a leg. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Tagged for interest.

3. smoke14me

smoke14me

Oct 20, 2009
    Wills Point, TX
    I have a NFA trust and mine was done by Sean Cody. He is not just another attorney, he is also a Firearms enthusiast. Here is his web page http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
  5. smoke14me

smoke14me

Oct 20, 2009
    Wills Point, TX
    One quick warning though! Once you start in the NFA game it gets addictive and expensive. I have my SBR being cerakoted now, along with its suppressor. I will get to take it out for the first time shooting when I get back to the states in a few days. Also I started out with one supressor, and each one I buy makes me want to get another one for a different caliber.

6. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    Dont they make adapters for different calibers on the same suppressor?

7. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    Yes and no.

You can use a center fire suppressor on rimfire, but it is not a good idea to do so if it is not user serviceable (the can will fill up with lead). Plus a rimfire suppressor is normally quite a bit smaller and lighter than a centerfire suppressor. Obviously using a rimfire suppressor on a center fire pistol would be a huge mistake.

A rifle suppressor is designed to minimize blow-back which is an unpleasant fact of life with suppressed rifles. In addition full power rifle rounds will grenade a pistol suppressor (they are not designed to handle the pressure). People shooting pistol suppressors on rifles are normally shooting subsonic ammo.

I recently got my first suppressor and am really enjoying it. I have the bug and plan on seeing if I can get my Marlin Papoose converted to integral suppressed. I haven't found anyone who will do it yet, but I have seen examples of this so obviously somebody is doing it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  8. smilner01

smilner01

Feb 18, 2012
    Weatherford, TX
    Sean Cody is working on my trust right now. He called me the next morning after I emailed him, nice guy to talk to. very informative website http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

9. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    :thumbsup:

Great guy to work with!!