Next best brand to Glock?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock 1, Jan 30, 2012.

1. If Glock were not an option, what would be the next brand pistol you would buy? No model's needed, just brand. Unless you want to post that too.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Glock 1, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

*nevermind* misunderstood what I was getting into here. Have a great evening all.

#2 Magus, Jan 30, 2012
  3. I edited the main post. I don't want to step on toes or cause any brand debates.

#3 Glock 1, Jan 30, 2012
  4. an apples to apples would be the SW M&P as well as the SA XDM line with a dash of the Beretta Storm line tossed in. All those would appeal to the same buyer as far as $$, reputation, availability and calibers available. All are polys and you could throw a blanket over all of them as they are all shooting for the same demo.

A small step up would be FNX line. People go for the FN for the slightly more exotic factor.

I would not compare Glock to HK in any way.

5. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Well you could always stock Glock for just the average joes, or people that want defensive guns...then stok HKs for people that want a more upscale firearm. I have never used an HK but I know a lot of people that love them and swear by them.

6. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

No worries. I just misread your post and started thinking down a different tangent and almost responded in a way that wouldn't have not been helpful.

Carry on good sir.

7. It is ok. I edited the main post to clarify my question. Thank you for the consideration. I would still be interested in your opinion though.

#7 Glock 1, Jan 30, 2012
  8. Sig, if Polymer Frame- Smith Wesson M&P....

#8 R.O.C., Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  9. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

Well, Springfield XD is also a pretty popular brand. S&W stuff as well.

10. I like the idea of all poly's. Good idea. I really wanted to carry Colt but they are never in stock.

11. FNH is definitely on my list. I would love to own one of those Five-Sevens.

12. Gregg702

Gold Member

Sig, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, Springfield, all sorts of good brands out there.

13. M.O.A.

M.O.A. Gen 2 Junkie

Smith & Wesson M&P

#15 M.O.A., Jan 30, 2012
  14. I've had a couple HKs... Sold them and now have two glocks to replace them (and a SA)

15. no Glock, then Sig.

16. Agree. I have an FNX 40 and I love it.

Harder to clean for some reason than Glock. It may be that it is the the SS finish and I'm a stickler for having a clean gun.

17. As far as polymers go, I feel HK makes the best.

Not 2nd best to Glock, but the best. I wouldn't even put Glock 2nd, maybe top 5.