close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Newtown: Put the Police State on the Table

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by maxsnafu, Dec 19, 2012.

1. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

Apr 14, 2005
    Oregon
    Interesting. All I can say is that every single officer I have personally spoken with from our surrounding area thinks the idea of a weapons ban is not only unconstitutional, but bad policy in general. Thge overall majority of LE on our side of the state tend to be very pro-2A. The problem, is that the majority of voters in Oregon are based in the more liberal leaning west side of the state.

2. marchboom

marchboom

Aug 18, 2006
    Idaho
    I'll give up my guns when the Secret Service gives up theirs.

3. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Rank and file officers (not management) know that no gun law made will stop a crazy person from committing acts of violence with a gun if they get a notion to do it.

We have made a decision, as a society, to quit locking nuts away in institutions. Fine, but we can't complain when one of the consequences of this decision is the occassional mass murder by a nut who should have been in an instituition.

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    That kind of argument isn't going to be very persuasive. Sorry, it just isn't.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  5. Kilrain

Kilrain Señor Member

Apr 25, 2001
    On the road to Shambala
    Which argument are you referring to, the one in the linked article or one posted in the thread? Just curious.