close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

News to me...Anvil Arms has gone TU.

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by FatBoy, Dec 14, 2009.

1. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    I was surfing around today and saw that Anvil Arms has gone the way of the DoDo bird and has left some ppl hanging in the wind. W/O product or refunds. Hopefully no one over here has pending orders w/ Jon. I have always had good service and have received a good quality product from Jon. I guess it wasn't such a good time to expand his business. Too bad people are getting screwed out of their deposits. No return emails or phone calls.:dunno:

FB

2. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    Do you have any additional info? I just went to their website and everything seems to b running right.

3. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne

Dec 5, 2009
    How could they have gone out of business in this market?

4. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    I just went to their site and I can't get past their home page, except one link that says they are out of stock.

Anyhow here are a few links to AR15.com
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=388439&page=1

And Jon's (Anvil Arm's)forum in the Industry section has been gutted. All of the stickys are gone, as well as most of "old" problem posts. There are a few new posts from people trying to gather info.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=244

Funny all the the Jon is great threads are still up.:dunno:

Page 4 on this pdf. http://www.review.net/legal-notice-uploads/2009-11-06-Hills.pdf
    Just to be clear, I have dealt w/ Jon in the past and always had good results, although a bit slow during the big Obama rush last year. But all my products arrived and I have been happy w/ them.

FB

5. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    Thanks for that heads up! That sucks for Jon. Sounds like he was gone shortly before Thanksgiving. Bummer!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  6. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    So is my Anvil Arm's lower worth more or less than it was before?
    Either way it will still work I guess I just won't get that free engraving.

7. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    I don't know, but your(mine too) lifetime warranty is dead.

Happens all the time. A small business tries to grow during an artificially high demand cycle and can't keep up with the flood of new orders. When the inevitable slowdown occurs after the rush hits, they can't pay the bills.

FB

8. madecov

madecov book em' Danno

I purchased a few items from Anvil and received them in a timely manner
    The finish of the lowers was really nice and his roll mark was decent.

Shame as I was thinking of getting another of his helical fluted barrels.

9. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    "New" info posted on AA's web page.....

FB

10. Ant_9

Ant_9

May 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Woah....I drove out there around June to pick mine up, tiny lil company, but nice folks.

11. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    I did not deal with AA or Jon Kruger during/after the Obamamania and the subsequent jump in demand. I did hear that customer service suffered a great deal, and that Jon did not manage his customers or his business too well.

That's a shame, cause my products I have purchased from them in the past have been TOP NOTCH. I mean, I have been really happy with the laser engraving , quality/fit/finish of their weapons, and custom stuff I have ordered from them.

Oh well. Goes to show you that an awesome arms maker ends up in deep doo-doo, cause he is a shoddy businessman with poor character.

Dang.

12. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    The saga continues-

There is more explanation and details on the site now:

December 28, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

On May 1, 2008, Mr. Jonathan A. Kruger, individually, and Anvil Arms LLC, a Florida limited liability company having its principal place of business in Lakeland, Florida, entered into a loan agreement with a secured creditor (the Secured Creditor). The loan was secured in part by 1) a pledge of Mr. Kruger's membership interest (i.e. equity) in Anvil Arms LLC, 2) a blanket lien on all assets of Anvil Arms LLC and 3) by a mortgage upon real property located in Polk County, Florida, and owned by Mr. Kruger individually. Mr. Kruger and Anvil Arms LLC have defaulted under the terms of the loan.

Upon default, the Secured Creditor accelerated the loan, enforced its rights under the membership pledge and Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), in accordance with §679.610 Florida Statutes, removed Mr. Kruger as Managing Member of Anvil Arms LLC, elected its own Manager for Anvil Arms LLC and scheduled a public sale at auction of Mr. Kruger's membership interest in Anvil Arms LLC. Mr. Kruger, through counsel, sought to have the public sale enjoined by seeking injunctive relief; that motion was denied on November 23, 2009.

The Secured Creditor's public sale at auction was held on November 24, 2009; the Secured Creditor was the high bidder at the sale and is now the owner of 100% of Anvil Arms LLC. This sale was conducted under Article 9 of the UCC, as adopted by the state of Florida, and is non-judicial in nature. Mr. Kruger was immediately terminated and subsequently removed by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) as a "person of responsibility" from the Federal Firearms Licenses (FFLs) held by Anvil Arms LLC.

Although Mr. Kruger was terminated from Anvil Arms LLC on November 24, 2009, he continued to maintain possession of the facility of Anvil Arms LLC in protest of the sale. Through continued legal action and with the assistance of local law enforcement, the Secured Creditor obtained control of the premises on November 28, 2009, and found that the equipment, inventory and records had been removed from the business location. Mr. Kruger's counsel acknowledged and confirmed that Mr. Kruger was in possession of and refused to return the property of Anvil Arms LLC. The BATFE was advised of Mr. Kruger's actions and possession of the property of Anvil Arms LLC including NFA Class III items.

On December 3, 2009, a court order was entered ordering Mr. Kruger to return the property to Anvil Arms LLC within 5 business days of service of process. On December 22, 2009, service of process was effected and the expiration of compliance and performance of the order is December 30, 2009.

Please direct inquiries to:

Email: Info@AnvilArms.com

13. crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio 15 or 30?

Apr 11, 2008
    I'm soooooooooo glad I didn't send my Anvil upper back for some tweaking when I was going to back in late October...

14. rockapede

rockapede

Sep 3, 2009
    I might have been tempted to feel some sympathy toward him, but now that he's a thief I'm hard pressed to do so.

15. Ersatz

Ersatz

Oct 9, 2008
    A thief who may be in possession of some Federal jailtime soon. A business and possibly his home secured against a defaulted loan coupled with a possible felon brand? Rough times, I hope this one doesn't end in suicide.