close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

News guaranteed to make your head spin

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by wprebeck, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Many things in life have a two way street, time to start paying attention to that other lane of traffic.

2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

It is about building relationships to influence the outcome in the future. It is about learning from history and changing what caused failure.
    And you will achieve that alone? How will you do that?
    All of them?
    What if from within those ranks came word of dissent, of dissatisfaction with their leaders among the rank and file. That is what is happening. The leadership is in front of the cameras spouting the political line. At the same time more and more rank and file are saying, "We disagree and will not support gun control."

You feel better accepting the leaderships talking points because it falls into your "historical rationalization."

More and more in LE are saying, "Hey, we know the history. We are not going to repeat it."

3. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Russ,

Even some of the leaders are doing the same. As I've mentioned, and we've all seen posted here on GT, many sheriffs across the country are speaking out about this issue. One of them was from Jackson county, KY - and I have family there (in laws, but still family).

Places as varied as Utah and Wisconsin. Both white and black folks. Demographics mean nothing this time, nor should they. What "does" matter is, Americans are tired of the crap. When police around the nation are saying, "Gun control isn't the solution", then two things should be happening:

Politicians and the liberal left should pay attention. We are on the front lines of this battle, and we know how to better prosecute it than the idiots who spout off lines like "If it only saves one child". We know criminals will be criminals, and making an item illegal will not stop their actions. It's time the left, and the lawmakers, start listening to us.

The second thing that should occur is gun owners waking up. Hey, we're not here to take your guns. While I don't dispute that there is, and always be, "that guy" who does retarded stuff (we all know a Farva in our agency...if you don't, it's likely you). Thing is, "that guy" will likely be doing stuff on his own, if he chooses to do it at all. Alternatively, peer pressure is alive and well, even within LE. Some people may not wish to do the right thing, but will do so simply because everyone else is doing so.

Again, I realize this upsets the fantasies of those who wish to die a glorious death in a pitched gun battle with the evil JBT's of the nation, thus ensuring their place in history. Sorry for the disappointment. We want the good guys to keep their guns, so they can shoot the bad guys, when necessary. It makes for more room in the jail, and ultimately saves money.

4. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

This should be cause for celebration. Have any LEO's organized and banded together with the Oath Keepers and Green Berets who are standing up against this tyranny?

5. RussP

Is that tongue-in-cheek...?
    What does that have to do with this thread? Members in law enforcement are saying they support the Constitution, they voted to reject their leadership's support of gun control. Do you not understand that? Or, do you just not want to admit that maybe thye are on your side, wearing a badge?
    Who said, "just another cop hater?" Did I miss it in someone's post?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  6. RussP

Well said.

7. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

The Oathkeepers lost any and all of what respect I might have had for them. They decided to hold a protest in support of a drug dealing piece of crap who pointed a gun at officers who were executing a search warrant.

It was quite the to-do here on GT...until evidence was released showing the dead guy (who happened to be prior service with the USMC, thereby making him worthy of sainthood to some) was involved in a home invasion ring, whereupon folks were impersonating cops and busting down the doors of drug dealers.

So, no - I've got nothing for them.

However, that being said - I agree. Line officers, (some) political leadership, and citizens should be happy that we are all on the same side.

You guys would likely crap a brick if you knew who some of the posters in here were in real life, and the positions they held in LE. As for me, I'm a simple line grunt with a penchant for guns and politics. But, we have amongst us some higher ranking folks in law enforcement. Again, you'd be VERY surprised.

8. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

I think that, for the sake of our country, we should set aside all past troubles and concentrate on organizing a unified civilian/military/LEO front to protect the Constitution.

9. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

10. RussP

Tous, do you agree with this?

11. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Russ, philosophically, I do agree, but practically, I suggest that we cannot ever ignore that the military and law enforcement professionals are agents of the very government we seek to resist.

They cannot defy despotism whilst working for it.

If all men of honor and good conscience in the military and law enforcement resign, the government will find men on less character to fill the uniforms, wear the badges and wield the weapons, no?

I surely intend no disrespect to anyone, but I cannot trust those that owe their living and family's well-being to the very government that seeks to eliminate what little freedom we have left.

12. poikilotrm

poikilotrm

I wouldn't believe the cops simply because they enforce unConstitutional gun laws every day. What they say and what they do are two different things. When they start arresting cops who violate the law, I will start to listen.

13. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Well, start listening. It happens regularly.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  14. F350

F350

Not unexpected in Kentucky, hell at Knob Creek I've seen Kentucky cops shooting the full autos and grinning like boys playing with their first boobie.

NOW, the question is..."Can we expect the same from FOPs in New York, New Jersey, Mass, Illinois, Kommiefornia and all the rest of the repressive states".

I still remember the old woman in New Orleans getting body slammed by a cop to take away her little revolver after Katrina.

15. RussP

Good, it's good to know you do not agree in practice, in your core beliefs, that we should set aside all past troubles and concentrate on organizing a unified civilian/military/LEO front to protect the Constitution.

An unwillingness to reach out and unify the various groups fighting for the same master goal, to consolidate effort, to delegate tasks with organization instead of haphazardly is foolish. Well, unless your goal is not really to win, but to perpetuate conflict between the groups.
    Look, people sell their services at every level of society. Some are currently prohibited by law, but even then there are others wanting every 'victimless crimes' to be legal.
    Then may I suggest you not demean those working to build those relationships which will bring more supporters of the 2nd Amendment onto our side.

Thanks...

16. eccho

eccho

I would like to give you a much deserved thank you.

17. RussP

Have you read the posts on GT about cops who commit crimes? How about cops who commit crimes while on duty? Do you ever read those here on GT.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468202

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468444

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1465703

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1462688

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456028

Those are in Cop Talk. Go through GNG and Political Issues for others.

It is happening more frequently than you believe. Just search for it.

Start listening.

18. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Well, I have never seized anyone's firearms, unless they were used in the commission of a crime. Usually involving smuggling illicit drugs or people. Nor, do I plan on seizing anyone's guns. Nor will I allow anyone to seize mine.

Good day.

19. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Please give us some examples.

[​IMG]

20. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

My favorite part of this thread:

I am being "respectfully" insulted. Yay.

To all those who understand, and agree with, what is happening around the nation with regards to law enforcement and a potential AWB - thank you. I look forward to helping preserve the 2nd Amendment, and completely disagree with anyone who thinks gun control is an answer to any sort of crime.

Truth be told, were I made dictator for a day - my first acts on the gun control front would be simple. Repeal NFA 34, GCA 68, and the import ban of 86. If a weapon is considered by the military as a small arm, is not crew served, and is normally carried by an infantryman (HE stuff excluded), then you can have it. Commit a crime with it, and prison for life. Kill someone with it, and we kill you back. Simple, and effective.

For those who don't get it - sorry for your hatred of law enforcement. Sucks to be you, I guess. But, keep on hating, just because you can. It IS America, after all, and you're free to hate whomever you please. It doesn't make sense, but neither does liberal thought on guns. And yes, I'm equating your position on LE to just that. You continue to ignore all evidence, both anecdotal here in GT, along with events nationwide that are making the news, in favor of your biased and illogical prejudice.

Good luck with that. The rest of us will be busy resisting Obama's attempts at gun control, presenting a united front. You guys stand in the back, and be quiet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.