Newbie to Guns from WI

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by jassch82, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I am new to guns. I have been doing lots of research and Glock seems to be the top dog.

I am looking at getting my first guns soon. Glock 19 or 26.

I am looking forward to the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Jason

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Welcome aboard!

3. The more the merrier! Welcome Jason. Tell us what you want to do with your new Glock. Interested in CCW, just want one for the house, want to try shooting some local area matches, or maybe .....

You found a good spot, again, welcome.

4. I'm looking for something the house as of right now. And something to take out once a month and shoot. And possible ccw down the road. I also like the glocks because there are .22lr conversions available to save on ammo cost.

5. Jason,

Welcome. Please consider some options to try before you buy. Many ranges and I don't know if this applies in your locale, will rent you a gun along with the range time. Try as many guns and caliber's as you can. It might cost you a few bucks and some ranges might refund the rental fee if you purchase through them. Nothing is just right for everyone so don't get caught up in the hype. Buy what you can comfortably shoot well and operate all the features. Consider what the gun will be used for and ask lots of questions. Also if you hang around the range enough you're bound to make a few new friend that will let you test fire their guns.
    In any case you're embarking on some great fun and you'll meet lots of great folks along the way. Good luck and safe shooting!

6. Welcome from Colorado!

7. I have shot the 19 before and like the way it feels. I want to try the 26, 23, and 27. I have a range near by that charges $12 per hour, and $8 for gun rental. Cool part is for that $8 I can change guns as many times as I want. Only variable is purchasing their ammo and ammo for changing calibers. One day Ill spend some money and shoot for a hour or so to see which one feels good.

8. Exactly right Jason. What's right for you might not be right for the next guy. You're likely to wind up with several if your wallet cooperates so make it right for you and later if it doesn't suit your needs there's always a trade option. Good luck!

9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!