close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Newb x2

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by jon1all, May 22, 2012.

1. jon1all

jon1all

Apr 22, 2012
    Hi all... newb x2 here (new to GT and new to Glock in general).

I bought a G26 Gen4 last month. It's my first Glock and only my 2nd semi-auto ever (I own several revolvers... I have always just loved revolvers for their simplicity of design and reliability).

When I decided I needed a 9mm again (previous semi-auto was a Ruger P95 which didn't fit my hand well) I started researching what the most reliable semi-auto out there is and big DUH the answer is... GLOCK! :supergrin:

I wanted a G26 so I could CC it, but all I could find initially was Gen3s and the grip (just like my previous Ruger P95) just didn't fit my hand... well. I am probably just picky and/or spoiled by the grips I have on my revolvers (a couple of which are Hogues), but I just wasn't sold on the G26 until I found a Gen4. Once I got that in my hand (without any of the modular backstrap pieces added) it solved the grip problem for me. I know it's not really that much of a difference between the Gen3 and the Gen4, but surprisingly just that little bit really did help the pistol feel comfortable in my hand.

Anyway, I have put just over 200 rounds thru it and let me say, it is quite a little performer. In fact, I immediately shot it as good as any of my revolvers and better than my other CC weapon (Ruger LCR .38spl--which is pretty snappy!). Really, really love this little Glock and how smooth it is and I have now moved it into CC duty along with LCR (though frankly, the Glock has been getting a lot more holster time than the LCR lately!) :)

Anyway, just wanted to pass on my kudos to Glock and to GT (great reference site) and say... "Hi". :wavey:

2. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    The G26 is a great CCW pistol so you have a solid performer. I'm glad that you found your way here and to the Glock side. There's a ton of helpful info here with great people included. Welcome and enjoy!

3. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    Welcome and congrats on the 26--a great carry piece.

4. truetopath

truetopath

Nov 26, 2011
    NY
    Welcome to GT from NY and congrats on the 26!

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010