Newb from Orlando

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by RPVG, Nov 23, 2012.

1. RPVG

Long time lurker. I made the CCW decision a while ago and picked up a G30.

Since then, I'm wondering if I should have gone with 9mm -- I've been reading a lot of good stuff about 9's. But in a previous lifetime, I shot high-Sharpshooter or low- to mid-Expert with an M1911A1 when I was in the Marines. So I figgered .45 is what I'm already comfortable with. Ya tend to like what you know. No regrets.

Anyway, I carry it every day, it's comfortable, and it conceals well under a T-shirt. Gotta good beat and it's easy-to-dance-to.

Not sure if that makes me a full-fledged "Glockster", though. Y'know, the ones with the secret Glock password, the Glock decoder ring, and the Glockster Secret Hand-Shake. People 'round here tend to love Glocks or hate 'em. And since I don't love my Glock (I was taught not to love anything that won't love you back) and I certainly don't hate it, I don't really fall into either camp.

I just carry it and train with it.

Bob

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 RPVG, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Newb in AL Introduction Forum Thursday at 12:17 PM
    Downloading Apps for LG G3, newbie Tech Talk Jul 11, 2015
    Email/reset password & account problem (not a newb!) General how-To Help Forum Jul 1, 2015
    Newbee here Test-Posts Here Jun 18, 2015
    Newbie Introduction Forum May 31, 2015

3. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Welcome Aboard good to see you.

4. RPVG

Yikes! 72,000+ posts? Member for 8 years? Been here awhile, eh? Must be a good forum to keep folks that active and for so long.

5. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Wait until you read about his gun collection.

:welcome:

#5 skeeter7, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. RPVG

LOL! I may be awed, but I won't be surprised. I'd imagine there's quite an arsenal.

7. :welcome: and thanks for your service! :patriot:

In my earlier career, I qualified with the M1911, but now it's the M9. Nonetheless, my personal weapon is a Glock 22 gen 4 (.40 cal) and it's my EDC. 9mm, .45, and .40 all make good self-defense rounds, so whatever floats your boat. :)

8. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.

9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!