close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Zimmerman Pic

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Dec 3, 2012.

1. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Remember how every 22 year old girl in the country was manipulated by the media and consequently glued to the Casey Anthony trial? Well, this case is the Casey Anthony trail for the far right.

2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    That's the liberal solution. To them, minorities have a right to kill whitey. In a fight, whitey is supposed to take whatever is dished out due to all that tension he caused by owning black men 150 years ago. Why do you think the media was trumpeting the "poor black child chased down and shot to death by racist white guy" story? Even though he was Hispanic.

It's obvious that even some posters around here have bought into that theme.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    The evidence is the problem for the prosecutors in the Zimmerman case, end of story.

There has never been anything in the press that would even allow an arrest in the case, but for that very one-sided affidavit they did a few days later.

The thing that always comes back to my mind is, the only reason Zimmerman is in jail and we have heard of this case, is that they first assumed he was white, because of his name and neighborhood. Otherwise, he'd have gone home with no charges and it would have faded away with a few local news articles. If Benjamin Crump and others hadn't thought they could make it a white/black race issue, for profit, they'd have never hired the publicist and issued the press releases and created this thing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    I think you're exaggerating and resorting to hyperbole here. Liberals (most) are against firearms in general.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

Have you read what has been posted in the thread?

Some are taking the position that it was just a beat down, no reason to use deadly force. From what has been reported, I disagree. Posts 44 & 51.

Don't worry, it'll work itself out in the end.

6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Yep, the media thought they had a dream case of a white man gunning down an unarmed black teen. Then, thing went south and they began to alter the 911 tapes.

7. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I don't care about seeing the photo but is seems as if the prosecution is trying to subvert the discovery process. That is not ethical, but then, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Better to sacrifice one sorta white looking hispanic male than to risk the ire of the people in the 'hood as we know what the probable reaction will be. [/SARCASM]

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

8. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Yes. Just wanted to add that it wasn't about the people in the hood. It was about getting reelected, so you'd be in power to do your own things.

9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

True, pandering is often a means to the desired end.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

10. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Yes. Can you point me to the post in which this was stated:

"minorities have a right to kill whitey"

11. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

That is a very small stretch from the mantra of the media and some of the posts here. I'd agree with calling it a less than delicate way to put it, but calling it hyperbole is, well..... hyperbole.

12. RM686

RM686

May 30, 2007
    "minorities have a right to kill whitey"

True but they have to use BLACK TALON BULLETS.

13. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    I haven't heard anything even close to this, unless you consider the 4 members of the black panthers credible people (and I still haven't heard them say this, I'm just assuming).

14. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Are you actually claiming that there is not a race issue that has been hyped in this case?

15. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    On trains anyway.

16. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Others (like myself) are taking the position that receiving a beat down doesn't undisputedly justify the use of deadly force. The distinction appears to be lost on a lot of people (not you in particular).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    You are correct - it would have to put him in reasonable fear that he was about to suffer death or a serious injury, or you have to believe a "forcible felony" is taking place, under Florida law (could be either the assault itself or the belief that he was about to be robbed) to allow deadly force. However, if your head is being beaten against a sidewalk - and especially if you have a gun that can be taken when you are unconscious - that's not hard burden to meet.

If the evidence we have is true, it looks like a virtual certainty that he was legally justified.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  18. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002
    USofA!
    And if you couldn't back out? Maybe that was what Zim found himself in.

19. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas

Well, there is case law on disparity of force. Fear of death is not necessary in many states, fear of great bodily injury is all that is needed. In that kind of a fight, I'm bringing a gun. I'd use it only if I had to. I may have an underlying condition involving my neck (that is well documented) that would make it reasonable to not want to get punched in the head for fear of great bodily injury.

In this story, if it proves to be true, the introduction of the concrete sidewalk as a lethal weapon......

If the story happened the way that Zimmerman says it did, I think he should have shot him, I would have.

Now we can all wait and see what comes out in the trial, and see how it goes. I still think NBC owes him multiple million dollars for irrevocably damaging his reputation.