New York State Police 45 GAP (Gold Dot 185 Grain?) Shooting

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Brooklyn123456, Oct 6, 2012.

1. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I used to CCW the Speer .45 ACP 200-gr JHP. Quite a loading.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. That doesn't even make sense. This is not a GAP vs ACP thread.

3. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

That the .45 GAP was so popular with LEOs. :cool:

4. From the Troopers I have spoke to the GAP shoot's softer and with less muzzle flip than
    the 9mm. I would rather have the glock 17 loaded with speer gold dot 124 grain plus p. than 10 rounds of a not so much more powerful 45 gap. and just 20 more rounds for back up with the 2 spare mags they are issued. the glock 21sf would have been an even better choice in the 45 arena.

5. LMAO at all the calibre quarterbacking. I would say 1 shot, 1 stop; looks like the GAP did fine.

6. I respectfully disagree. It recoils more than a 9mm Glock but is not as sharp as a hot .40 S&W per my experiences. However, it was the most accurate Glock that I have ever shot (G38). I think that has something to do with the octagonal rifling used in .45 cal Glocks, whether GAP or ACP.

7. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I respectfully disagree also. The 9mm bullet weighs half as much as the .45 bullet. Recoil is a function of bullet weight, mostly.

8. Just repeating what an actual trooper said. I dont own a glock 37 so I dont know personally sounds like a good platform but ammo is kinda hard to find around my area.

9. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Okay :cool:

10. Now I know why Barry is 6 points up in Nuevo York....

11. How does EVERY topic on here turn political?

12. My very short list includes a G39. I love the idea of a .45 in a G26 size pistol.

Sounds like the perfect replacement for the Colt New Agent I used to have.

13. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Because the important election is only three weeks away.

14. And our country is headed down the toilet if we don't vote that Jimmy Carter wanabe out.

15. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

One shot. one stop. :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

16. I picked up a Lee Press and dies to reload .45 for my new G38.

Unfortunately, I have to wait for the G38 to come back from Smyrna after being blown up by a WWB SQUIB!

#36 ADK_40GLKr, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  17. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

WWB SQUIB? Sorry to hear that, brother. :upeyes: