close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New York License question, Glock conversion..

Discussion in 'Tri State Glockers' started by skystud1, Jun 28, 2008.

1. skystud1

skystud1

Apr 21, 2007
    If I order a advantage arms 22 conversion, do I need a new amendment for my NY license.

2. mojonixon

mojonixon

Jun 19, 2008
    i was wondering the same thing, but i think not as its the serial on the frame that makes the gun.

3. skystud1

skystud1

Apr 21, 2007
    I heard any caliber conversion needs another amendment.

4. marsan

marsan

Mar 28, 2005
    Long Island,NY
    My license is State of New York, County of Suffolk. Plastic License with Photo. On the reverse side it lists: Number of Guns, Mfg, Mod, Cal, Type, Ser.#

I would check with the Pistol License Section at your issuing Agency. If you're carrying a different caliber than is on your license, you may be in violation.

5. Here is my non-lawyer wild guess.

The NYS pistol permit allows you to carry a pistol. The specific pistols you can carry, and where you can carry, are part of your terms for having the permit. If you violate the terms of your permit (such as carrying a different caliber than listed), it is likely just an administrative violation that could cause losing the permit. But it wouldn't be a NYS firearms violation.

Again, just my opinion.

6. jjamdj

jjamdj

Oct 19, 2004
    New york
    That depends in what county because Westchester county there is no full carry only target and hunting and thats carry to and from range only. In westchester county you would have to fill out a ammendment sheet for the 22 conversion kit if it has different serial numbers.

7. tc556guy

tc556guy

Mar 15, 2000
    Upstate NY
    As with the Thompson Contender, you don't need to have every caliber conversion/ spare barrel listed on your permit. The serialized frame with the original caliber the weapon arrived in will be adequate.

8. jlday70

jlday70 Oompa Loompa

Nov 19, 2007
    Western NY

I agree. It is the serial Number that matters.