close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New York lawyer gets $1.50 in prison lawsuit

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Snowman92D, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
  2. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    When I worked in the jail, sometimes I felt like my rights were violated having to search some stinking dirty butt mopes, let alone having to fight them to use soap.:shower:

3. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

Dec 13, 2004
    The Rock of Eternity
    Yup. Lets hope it works.

What amazes me is that this case was because someone "touched" his hair. In Texas he would've been suing, and losing, because we CUT HIS HAIR OFF and he was now bald.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    state pens around here cut the hair of prisoners. everybody gets a short hair-do.

5. That fact that he won establishes that his case was successful and will not bode well for corrections in the future.

The animals are running the farm folks.

6. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    My thought even if he would have gotten one penny.

7. pac201

pac201

Nov 12, 2007
    This^^^ Sets a precedent...

8. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    The guy is servering life, he has no rights, he gave those up when he was a useless POS .

9. Chico Bill

Chico Bill Millennium Member

Nov 10, 1999
    LA area, CA,USA
    That, and often any reward also requires the defendant to pay attorney's fees. It seems to be a common tactic...If you think my client deserves anything...Even a dollar, then give him what he deserves! (Because I want my money...)

10. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    A win is a win and in this case, that is unfortunate.

11. Most folks here know that many states already are enforcing grooming standards, as some have mentioned. In this particular case, I suspect that this turd's shallow victory may, in fact, hasten more states to get on board and enforce uniform grooming standards. My state has been talking about this for several years. I would love to see it become reality.

The whole thing about their stinking 'freedom of religion' is another huge cluster****.

Corrections continues to become more and more nauseating as time goes on. I hope I can hold my nose until retirement.

12. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Well, ours has been allowing any length, and any style; as long as it is clean. Yeah, that's right. I don't see it changing anytime soon. Retirement in five to seven.

13. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Hack, FCI Phoenix is still looking for someone of your abilities. Let me know if you want to transfer.

14. w01

w01

Nov 22, 2005