close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New York bans all semi auto weapons

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Gideon2086, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon2086

Gideon2086

Dec 19, 2012
    The bills starts off by limiting mag capacity to 7 rounds but then sneaks in "all semi-automatic firearms with detachable magazines are illegal."

The politicians admitted they didn't even read the bill before voting yes.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. G29SFWTF

G29SFWTF

Aug 3, 2012
    I'm sure gun violence will plummet immediately as criminals fall all over themselves to turn in their guns. :upeyes:

3. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    Any link to the actual text of the bill?

4. Gideon2086

Gideon2086

Dec 19, 2012
    Having a hard time copying it over on my phone to hear. Let me see if I can figure it out.

5. Gideon2086

Gideon2086

Dec 19, 2012
    It's not copying over. When you find the text look to about 3/4 through it. You'll see where they have banned all semi-autos.

6. Bravo for Mr. Bloomberg, now all of the cartel members that reside in new Jersey will flee to New York!
    And there is a good number of them.:whistling:

7. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    I logged on to the Official NY tourism site and told them I would no longer step foot in their state nor would I knowingly purchase a product made there. I told them to relay the message to the Communists running their state. Waste of time? Maybe, but it's all I can do so I did it.

8. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    Is this the bill you are referring to?
    http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S202A-2013

If so...is this the portion of the bill you are referring to:
    If you are not referring to bill S202A-2013, can you at least list the bill number you are referring to?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864

Jul 31, 2012
    South Carolina
    From USA Today Article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/14/cuomo-new-york-guns/1833271/

Cuomo's bill, which was formally proposed after 8 p.m., also makes changes to laws regarding the mentally ill. If a mental-health professional decides someone is a potential risk to others or themselves, they would be required to alert the authorities, who would have the ability to confiscate any firearms that person may own.

Assault weapons -- defined as any rifle with a "military style" feature, such as a bayonet or a telescoping stock -- that are currently owned would be grandfathered and would have to be registered with the state. Magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds and manufactured before 1994, which are currently legal, would have to be turned over to authorities or sold out of state within one year. If a magazine has a capacity between eight and 10, it would have to be retrofitted to only hold seven rounds.

Under Cuomo's plan, the state would have one year to set up an instant background check system for all ammunition purchases. Law enforcement would be alerted to large purchases of ammunition.

Cuomo and lawmakers have been in talks over the state's gun laws since the Dec. 14 massacre in Newtown, Conn. If the vote passes the Assembly, New York would be the first state to pass tighter firearm restrictions since the shooting.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  10. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    If I heard correctly, there is a 3 day wait on ALL bills, before they can be legally voted on, per New York's own constitution. They played the typical lib play of ignoring the LAW and calling a midnight closed door session to vote on this. This may "pass" for now, but they will lose in the NY state Supreme Court. Just like the dems/libs/anti-gunners lost in DC's and Chicago's courts.

11. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    I saw on TV this morning that the NY ban would limit mags to 7 rounds.

12. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    And in San Francisco when they tried this. The courts overtuned it

:50cal:

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Maybe some intrepid New Yorkers would sue the State of New York and take it all the way to the US Supreme Court?

14. James Dean

James Dean

Jan 31, 2010
    East of Eden
    The Mayor of NY has A LOT of money. MONEY TALKS. In the end he will get his way. My house in Florida is under construction. I live in NJ, and I will be a resident for another year. I can't wait to move.

15. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    I think you're almost right. Violence probably will slow for awhile because all the criminals will be laughing so hard they will be falling down. They'll also have a lot of parties celebrating the fall of freedom in NY. They know they can now start more looting, robbing, etc. all backed by the communist takeover of NY.

16. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    I would not be surprised to see a spike...
    Thanks to the new agencies, criminals have detailed maps showing the locations of everybody that own firearms. They may decide to "go shopping" before the turn-ins and confiscations begin.

17. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
  18. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

This is what I said would demonize any gun owner the State will choose to persecute.

It only requires a "willing Mental Health Professional" to have your rights taken away, selectively. This definition of the professional will be refined to include State workers.

If you say or do anything regarding firearms that the State doesn't like, this will happen to you. It will be determined that anyone with a desire to own, carry, even try to acquire a firearm, has mental issues and is therefore banned from firearms.

It will not take long before this is the accepted norm and will justify simply defining a mental issue as a firearm desire. Gun owners will be no more.

it will not make guns illegal, just the desire for them. Watch it go down.

19. Iceman cHucK

Iceman cHucK

Jun 23, 2008
    WA state
    Bloomberg should be prosecuted for having a loaded gun in a city park. NYPD had to disarm a weapon that had been in NYC park loaded that a child could have been hurt with in the past! This is a true story, made the news yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.