New York and LEOSA

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by nohocop, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Correct. You are not a lobby, but police agencies and police unions do lobby legislatures all the time for legislation you would like to see enacted for the benefit of police officers.

Too often when it comes to gun rights, your lobbying stops with leos and leaves out the rest of us.

Just like with the 2004 nationwide ccw for active/retired leos and NYS efforts to exempt themselves from the 7 round magazine limit.

I am sure others here can cite other examples as well.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

I understand your point about individual leos speaking out in an official capacity, but as Grimlet stated you belong to police organizations that represent your interest. Grimlet is asking you to contact those reps to amend leosa so the police are not affected by magazine limits. Which is exactly what I'm talking about. Passing exemptions for the police and not fighting for gun rights in general so there wouldn't be a need for an exemption in the first place.

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

The NRA is much more powerful than any police association. They have more money. More connection. More juice. Really.

And thank you for your past support of, and financial contributions to, LE associations. And all your future support as well. Really.

#143 Patchman, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

5. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Yes. Exactly what I am talking about.
    Thank you.

6. Gallium

CLM

I would hope you are discerning enough to see that I am posting akin to reporting like a fly on the wall, and not my own thoughts.

Please tell me you at least get this.:faint:

7. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Yes, yes, yes. I don't associate you with the likes of Cuomo, Bloomberg or any other politician.

I'm just noting that their logic flow on issues is the same as the logic flow from some GNG posters. Which is, there's no logic flow. And also, the issues are different.

8. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Last time I checked leos could ccw nationwide. The average gun owner could not.

9. Gallium

CLM

:phew:

I'd much rather you accuse me of fondling farm animals than that I have an affinity for Bloomberg et al.

I am thinking about writing a letter to the NYT, to ask them if they would publish an "open letter" to His Royal Majesty, The Rt. Honorable Andrew M. Coumo. It would be about 4-5 paragraphs long, would piss off some gun owners, and be lost on mostly anyone south of I-84 and again south of I-495.

10. Gallium

CLM

If that were the case, the NRA would have been able to sway Congress as LE did to enact HR218.

In all the noise, thank you (everybody except Patchman :supergrin:) for doing a thankless, demoralizing job. I've tried to instill in my offspring a healthy respect and appreciation for public "servants", and especially for LE.

- G

11. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Hey, if any of your off springs want to better themselves by become a LEO, so they can better themselves socially (not economically-that's what your estate is for), let me know. I'll gladly call whatever agency they're applying for and put in a good word.

12. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Immediately after 9/11/2001, both President Bush and Congress knew what was right, and did right. Just goes to show, money can't always buy congress all the time, on all issues.

Sorry, but talk to the NRA about it.

13. http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-owners-wonder-why-police-should-get-special-treatment

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

14. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

15. Nope, just trying to make our politicians and public servants live up to the 14th amendment. :wavey:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

16. I wonder if the exemption would/is going to cover just duty weapons or all of our Weapons and what about our AR's and could we purchase new ar's and Hi Caps 10 or more rounds.

And I must say I I would like to see the mag and AR restrictions lifted for everyone not just LE.

17. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

I don't know about the others here but I cannot use my position for personal gain or political favoritism nor can I advocate for or on behalf of something in any type of association with my employment. We have public information officers for that.

Bosses can say what they want but they have a different dog in the fight than Joe beatcop.

It is what it is. I'm fighting it as a citizen... just like everyone else.

18. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

You are so ignorant it makes my cats taint itch.

19. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Professor, you don't pay nearly enough taxes to turn your public servants into your advocates.

#159 Patchman, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  20. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Sorry double and fixed

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#160 GRIMLET, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013