close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Viridian C5L

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Beanie-Bean, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

Stumbled across this deal when I went to exchange a holster that didn't quite fit another gun:

[​IMG]

Viridian C5L--so nice! I like the CT Rail Master, because of its size and weight, but I also like this one for the green laser and the tac light all in one. Plus, it uses regularly available CR2 batteries.

2. Brian Lee

Brian Lee
    Expand Collapse
    Drop those nuts

I've seen these and I like them too. May get one to replace the Green LaserMax that has not impressed me too much. The LaserMax has a really flimsy on/off switch that I absolutely hate, and I like the buttons on this better.

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

Most impressive were the array of extra parts included in the kit--extra screws of all types in case you drop and lose one (or more...) and two each of the different allen wrenches. Battery included, too. About the only thing I can find "wrong" with it was that the receiving threads on the unit for the battery cover seem to be polymer/plastic. You've got to have that cover plate lined up just right, or you risk cross-threading it. At least the mounting screw for the rail has a captive brass nut of sorts on the left-hand side.

The different modes are easily selectable, and right now I have the unit set to mode 4, which is the pulsing laser only (no light.) This extends the battery life from 4 to 7 hrs!

The tac light is good, and quite bright. If you select a laser+light mode, the green laser is easily visible, and is not a problem to pick up. The strobe mode is nice, too, and is a nice touch to the mode options.

Viridian lists a whole bunch of compatible holsters on their site, and there are quite a few choices available, depending on the purpose or preference.

I must say that the price was a little high, but I do like the unit.