New Underwood Round: 150 grain Nosler

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by G29SFWTF, Aug 3, 2013.

1. #1 G29SFWTF, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  2. Kevin probably came into possession of a quantity of 150 grain 10mm bullets. He is in the business of selling ammo, and we can appreciate him getting 10mm products out to us consumers.

It's a Nosler and isn't bonded.

3. Very cool :cool:

I need to try some Underwood in my G20. :)

4. You haven't tried any yet??!?!?! I am shocked I tell you shocked.:wavey:

It is all I buy for my G29 now.

Regards, GMB

5. Yep. I'm sure they're loading what he can get his hands on at this point. Within reason I hop:)

6. Just purchased some 150 and 135 grainers from Kevin.

Cannot imagine I won't be thrilled by either load.

7. I ordered some of these and was able to chronograph them last Saturday. They averaged 1356 fps from a factory 4.6" Glock 20 barrel (not quite the advertised 1500 fps). The low velocity prompted me to also chronograph them from a Delta Elite (even though they "cannot be used" in a Colt). They averaged 1412 fps in the Colt, with no signs of excess pressure (no feed ramp bulges or smiles, and the case web expansion was within normal limits). Does anyone have any experience with the expansion of the Nosler 150s at 1500 fps? Do they hold together at that velocity?

8. The low fps is surprising coming from Underwood ammo in a G20. Thanks for the chrono report.

9. I don't know about the 150 gr Nosler but I saw a video testing Underwood 135 Gr Noslers and they held up fine at right under 1600fps. I think it was about 11 inches of penetration through a couple of layers of denim. I think they ended up at about 128 gr.